What are you drinking tonight?

Ooni Cooked?
Base looks awesome, what dough recipe are you following?
That is cooked in the fan oven in the kitchen.
Haven’t used the wood oven so far this year.
That’s a 48hour direct dough recipe using decent flour at about 65% hydration, maybe less. Need lower hydration at the lower kitchen oven temps.
So basically flour water salt yeast. Proportions using the pizza app.
Kitchen mixer with dough hook slow speed 10 mins.
Let it stand covered on the worktop for 20 mins then back in the mixer, a bit faster for another 10, back on worktop for 20. Then a fast mix for roughly 10 mins until the dough reaches about 25 degrees then leave to stand in covered bowl. Ball up the following day and leave to rise in individual sealable tubs.
BBECEEBD-2B12-45A4-9BB2-886275D28623.png
That sort of thing-adjust times and temps to suit wherever you put your dough.

That’s a 48hour direct dough recipe using decent flour at about 65% hydration, maybe less. Need lower hydration at the lower kitchen oven temps.
Let it stand covered on the worktop for 20 mins then back in the mixer, a bit faster for another 10, back on worktop for 20. Then a fast mix for roughly 10 mins until the dough reaches about 25 degrees then leave to stand in covered bowl. Ball up the following day and leave to rise in individual sealable tubs.
View attachment 195660
Cheers mate,
That's next level. Amazing results for an oven cook.
To date I've just been dumping ingredients into a bread mixer, then into a bowl, fridge for two days and then separating before leaving it to rise to room temp.
I'll give yours a go,
Next week I want to try beer dough pizza in the ooni app........

Cheers mate,
That's next level. Amazing results for an oven cook.
To date I've just been dumping ingredients into a bread mixer, then into a bowl, fridge for two days and then separating before leaving it to rise to room temp.
I'll give yours a go,
Next week I want to try beer dough pizza in the ooni app........
Thanks but it’s easy. It’s just done in a kitchen mixer same as yours really. It’s just that the standing time allows the gluten to develop without overmixing.

View attachment 195660
I never knew there was so much to making a pizza. Then again, I'm not sure where the kitchen is in our house! :unsure:

I’m drinking this to night cos VW pulled my pants down today over a adblue reset will name and shame soon
image.jpg

• Sad
Reactions: CAB
Guys I recently recommended the Pinter brewing system to you. My apologies. the customer service is pretty dire: facebook posts just back it up. I have a leaking tap, provided a video of it with water NOT under pressure and the response is do another brew and take a video! As if I am going to do that with the risk of beer all over my the place from a leaking tap under pressure. They wont replace the tap and just will not budge.

The amount of hoops they want me to jump through to get it resolved is just not good. So i am canning my system and going for a £58 chargeback on my card.

Guys I recently recommended the Pinter brewing system to you. My apologies. the customer service is pretty dire: facebook posts just back it up. I have a leaking tap, provided a video of it with water NOT under pressure and the response is do another brew and take a video! As if I am going to do that with the risk of beer all over my the place from a leaking tap under pressure. They wont replace the tap and just will not budge.

The amount of hoops they want me to jump through to get it resolved is just not good. So i am canning my system and going for a £58 chargeback on my card.
Cheers Mick. I didn't take the leap and get one.... Shame rubbish service. Sounds like it would turn you to drink!

Back