What are you drinking tonight?

still holding out... tea is the tipple of choice. Havent even gone for 0% beer!
Go me!
o_O

• Love
Reactions: CAB
DSC_4029.JPG

Day 8 - The Hakushu 12yo

Sweet, floral, sharp tasting? Very light, almost Glenmorangie like, but a taste develops that is verging on the Sorghum spirit you get from China.

In between Christmas and the New Year, me and the Mrs had a few days in Whitby…. had a lovely time. Anyway, we had a few drinks in one particular pub at the bottom of the 199 steps up to the Abbey…. and whilst sat enjoying a lovely pint of Yorkshire Blonde, a chap came in and asked for half a Carling and half a John Smith’s in a pint glass!?
The lad behind the bar said we can’t do that and after a bit of ‘an argument’ the chap said f#ck this and walked out!
Anybody heard of this? I remember a pint of mixed (half mild/half bitter) and a snakebite (half lager/half cider), but never a lager/bitter mix?

• Wow
Reactions: CAB
In between Christmas and the New Year, me and the Mrs had a few days in Whitby…. had a lovely time. Anyway, we had a few drinks in one particular pub at the bottom of the 199 steps up to the Abbey…. and whilst sat enjoying a lovely pint of Yorkshire Blonde, a chap came in and asked for half a Carling and half a John Smith’s in a pint glass!?
The lad behind the bar said we can’t do that and after a bit of ‘an argument’ the chap said f#ck this and walked out!
Anybody heard of this? I remember a pint of mixed (half mild/half bitter) and a snakebite (half lager/half cider), but never a lager/bitter mix?
New one on me! Perhaps the pub had standards and refused to stock Carling?!!

Half lager Half bitter we used to call a pint of mixed but I think it was also called a micky mouse if I remember right? But it won't be the same now!
Half bitter half mild we used to call brown and mild
Guinness and cider was black velvet

Back