What’s The Future Of LPG?

Peteang

T6 Pro
LPG has been crossing my mind as an option for my TSI.
What are people thoughts about Autogas sticking around or even having a second wind?
I have it at a station close to me but they seem few and far between now.
And I guess the next question is will the price gap remain? It’s the main benefit!

Its been out for years and while not still super cheap its catching up very slowly so i think theres still several years left in the market yet, last time i looked around 12 months ago it was only 2 years to recoup the outlay with moderate mileage

Just seen this news item. I ordered an under chassis gas tank for my camper but hearing this news it’s making me think twice, because once one does something other garages may follow and I could be stuck with a gas tank I can’t fill. Anyone else considering under chassis gas tank might find this useful

Read an article online earlier this year that was saying LPG filling stations were disappearing at the rate of 2 or 3 a week. They said at the time that the increase in electric cars was likely to kill even more off. I think it’s more likely that diesel killed them, back in the 90s/00s it was a bit more commonplace to have a gas guzzler converted to LPG but in the last 10yrs people probably just bought diesels if they wanted a big car with economy.

RayF

That will be upsetting news for many. Not least for all those believing that the may be reducing inner city pollution having switched to duel fuel LPG. Those more rmote places that use LPF for houshold cooing will have a major headache

I presume that you use it for cooking and maybe heating in the van. Are you likely to consider a Wallas or similar diesel cooker ?

Hi all in team blue, ( any colour in fact)
Does anyone know where in the essex area I can get the underslung gas tank refilled...cheers

Back