Waxoyl before conversion?

Flashollie

University Manager
T6 Pro
So back in the day I remember my dad applying waxoyl to the underside of various cars. This was the 80s when every car rusted.

I am about to start a conversion of a very new T6 soon.
Before I do is there any sense in applying a coats or 2 waxoyl or any newer product to prevent any rust on the underside.
I anticipate keeping the van for many years and since there can't be any rust now it seems wise to do everything possible to keep it that way. I assume making holes through the body and fixing items underneath can trap salt and water leading problems in the future?

We live 200 yards from the North Atlantic and our 18 month old van is fine; no rust at all.
The T6 is well protected against corrosion; just make sure any holes are sealed.

If you really want to go belt and braces, I prefer Dintrol.

I'd not expect to see any rustb in18 months I'm thinking 7 or 8 years away.....
I'll check out Dintrol

I'd not expect to see any rustb in18 months I'm thinking 7 or 8 years away.....
I'll check out Dintrol
Our old Cali was fine after 3.5 years by the was too. If anything is going to rust, it will do it hear.
My decent quality padlocks last a year before disintegration!

Our old Cali was fine after 3.5 years by the was too. If anything is going to rust, it will do it hear.
My decent quality padlocks last a year before disintegration!

How times have changed.
I remember many years ago, the golden rule in buying second hand cars was dont buy one from someone who lived near the coast. Shows how far vehicle manufacture has come.

How times have changed.
I remember many years ago, the golden rule in buying second hand cars was dont buy one from someone who lived near the coast. Shows how far vehicle manufacture has come.

I do wash all the cars at least once a week but they do seem fine.
We had a sliding front door fitted a while back; within 18 months the locking mechanism had rusted to nothing. And our metal postbox key simply rusted and snapped within 6 months.

Our conifer trees get “scorched” by the salt laden wind most Winters too; quite a harsh environment at times.

Most of the new holiday homes built here (now FAR too many) aren’t built to take it and look dreadful in no time.

Reactions: .50
There is already lots of wax on the underside of a T6 (or T5) but as others have said be sure to paint and protect any holes that you make.

Rod

Back