Water in Passenger foot well

Oldsparrer

Railway signalling tester
VIP Member
Hello, would anybody be able to help me, I have water that has been leaking in my passenger foot well on my T6 it looks like it’s coming from under the dashboard on the left hand side??

roof bolts.

or

door speakers (foot step well)

or

cable via firewall.

got a few pics to help narrow it down?

Hi..Just to ask if you’ve got a sunroof…..if so the the tubes can get blocked….but as @Dellmassive said cables in firewall not sealed :)

roof bolts.

or

door speakers (foot step well)

or

cable via firewall.

got a few pics to help narrow it down?

Hello Dellmassive, yeah that’s what I thought because it’s coming down my window and passenger door post !! Do they drill through the roof to fit the roof bars

Has it happened since roof rails have been fitted ?
Have a search on here for roof rails to understand how they are fitted- they leak if not fitted correctly.

Pete

if its roof rails . . . as @Pete C mentioned

re-fix the bolts with PTFE tape or silicone.

water gets in the rain channel and down via the bolt threads.

there shouldn't be any additional holes.

pics will help.

Has it happened since roof rails have been fitted ?
Have a search on here for roof rails to understand how they are fitted- they leak if not fitted correctly.

Pete
Thanks Pete, I only bought it in November and the previous owner had them fitted recently

if its roof rails . . . as @Pete C mentioned

re-fix the bolts with PTFE tape or silicone.

water gets in the rain channel and down via the bolt threads.

there shouldn't be any additional holes.

pics will help.
Brilliant I’ll do that thanks for all of your help

Hi there I also have a leak that has accumulated a lot of water under the carpet all the way to the back of the van. Does anybody know what this brown open ended hose/pipe is as there is definitely a drip coming from inside there, and how to stop it. Left hand side of passenger footwell. TIA

5EA88DC0-88BF-4F66-B1E5-69E8E23E3268.jpeg

53661C48-6591-4E32-BC1F-3AD1FF3242FD.jpeg

D809FB5C-3F84-4ABC-869A-E4D75E3A81A3.jpeg

Are you a T6 or T6.1?

Do you have rear wash wipe and if so is it working?

I think the wash wipe line runs over the roof with the wiring loom - might just be worth checking you're not getting a squirt out of that pipe though when you do it though.

I think the more usual leak in that area can be debris in the scuttle or bad sealing around the wiring grommets behind the battery area, might be worth a check.

But that pipe is intriguing.

Back