Warning sounds stopped.

Tardis driver

Hi all. Hoping to get some advice.

I noticed today that the indicator “tick” sound and other warning sounds (seat belt, lights on etc) has stopped working.
All else seems to be ok with indicators working correctly but no sound.

Is this a known problem? And is it a diy fix?

many thanks in advance.

Try a BCM reset first, as that's what runs the speaker...

My MFD advice sound, that says for example the tyre pressures need checking, stopped too.

Well actually it hasn't stopped. Its my ears that don't work as well as they did :confused:

Little update: The sounds came back at the weekend, but quieter, then stopped again. Having had a look at some other threads, it seems that the speakers in the instrument cluster can fail, so I will be going down that route. Will let you know how I get on.

Ok. Took a while to get this updated. Sorry.

I sourced a miniature speaker at 50ohms to match the spec of the one in the instrument binnacle. Some grazed knuckles and a bit of de soldering / soldering and the sounds are all back! Cost : some head scratching and £2.93.

Would be great if you could link to that speaker for future reference as the VW replacement will probably be at least one decimal place to the right.

VW will just sell you the complete cluster, doubt they do the speaker on its own

can anyone help?
I have no indicator “tick” sound and other warning sounds (seat belt, lights on etc) either, its all stopped working.indicators flash and are working correctly but no sound.
I did have an auto electrician work to fix a side light issue, they unplugged the battery and also cleared some diagnostic faults, since then I noticed the no sound. When contacting the auto electrician they have suggested its could be the instrument cluster, but wanting to ask on here wether there is anything else I can try/check before I go down that route.
VW Main Dealer seem reluctant to want to look at my van either.

Try a BCM reset.

Try a BCM reset.

Thanks for the suggestion. I'm no mechanic and not carried out an BCM before, am I likely to need to do anything afterwards to bring the van back to normal?

reset the window pinch protection.

and reset the clock.

Back