Want my T5 back!

rmo69......I'm gutted for you! 2250 miles on my 15o kombi........never seen dpf light......only rattle I had was behind A post cover.......sorted by Skipton Car Radio when they upgraded speakers and tweeters! It's just not right when you spend your hard earned.....cheeky b*stards! I'm waiting for a replacement rear wheel arch paint protection film as mine was badly fitted. Been 6 weeks now for a piece of film......I know damn well they haven't bothered or they've forgotten me......very minor but irritating! Gotta say, so far I love mine.......it was a T6 or a Ford Mustang 5.0......yeh seriously! Glad I got the T6! Try not to worry mate.......they'll sort it......and while they're doing it, make sure you use their loan vehicle for every sh*tty job you can think of!! :(

Conversely, we had non stop issues with our T5.1 California (180 4motion) - largely due to the early 180 engines being made of cheese but also loads of other issues.
We were convinced the T6 was different enough and so far (touch lots of wood) it's been a big improvement,

Sounds like yours is a duffer - go to the top and try and sort it. Head of the dealership that sold it to you, head of UK Customer Service.

Yep, start easy, softly softly catchy monkey... Go up the ladder, as you have been, let them have a check, and ask for their findings in writing (try to be there as well on test drives, so they can't say it didn't do it). If they argue or seem put out by it, tell them that your keeping a diary and file on the matter for future reference, and it is YOUR car, and THEIR problem! But work your way up the ladder, giving each level enough rope to either sort the problem, or hang themselves. Remember if not happy you can ask them to get in touch with the factory or send out a top VW engineer instead of a normal dealer mechanic, as some things are beyond their scope of experience.
A diary is a good idea, keep note of time of calls to/from people involved and all emails and correspondence ( sum it up in the diary and keep a printout in your file). Also note mileage and fill ups, and again keep a copy of receipt showing litres etc in your folder..
At the end of the day there is someone on your side apart from us. He is the last ditch person and needs as much documentation from you as he can. His name is "The Ombudsman" as far as I know ( used one to sort out an insurance claim, long story but won the day), also possibly trading standards if vehicle is not fit for purpose (doesn't behave as it should), but these are howitzers to take a simple headshot, and best kept up sleeve and all that.
Believe that it will work out in the end, and remember, your a customer with a genuine problem and deserve respect, if someone treats you differently, take names etc and add to letter of complaint.
Sorry for the essay, but good luck, and keep us all posted. From my test drive of my future T6, it will be worth the hassle to get it sorted, and why should they put you off of such a lovely motor.

Will definitely report back, hopefully with good news, and Ill try and get it as close to the edge as I can without actually prompting the fault.

Apologies if I've not replied to specific questions, it's chaos at work at the moment.

Have a good Christmas and New Year everyone.

Just to expand on @T6 Dave's reply, my wife had a 2000 Renault Twingo that we were importing to UK. It was only 16 days old when it was nerfed on the right rear corner by a lady who thought we were going on to a roundabout notorious to we locals for poor visibility of traffic coming through a junction underpass of the M20, and she accelerated. The insurers insisted it was only a minor matter but @T6 Dave is an enthusiastic amateur mechanic and qualified body worker and painter and he said as soon as he saw it that it was a write-off. Four years later the Insurance Ombudsman upheld our claim, but it took major effort by documenting every conversation and inspection and writing comprehensive letters throughout the complaints procedure to achieve that result.

Back