VW T6 Conversion - USA

hkunstmann

Hello I'm new to this forum. I recently purchased a VW T6 transporter LWB from Mexico. Although they're not available in the US or Canada they are available in Mexico. I live in the US and Mexico but the vehicle remains registered in Mexico. It's impossible to import these into the US as they don't meet the emissions requirements. Although it's a diesel, the DEF fluid tank has been removed. Not required in Mexico.
Anyhow! My plan is to convert it to a camper using Reimo's products. I found a company in California who converts Mercedes Metris' into campers using Reimo's pop top and kitchen system. So they are familiar with their products and are willing to take on the challenge.
Initially we will be installing the pop top Easy-Fit front pop up with integrated solar panel and standard bed. Since this will be the first T6 conversion in North America I'd like to know if there are any differences with the interior ceiling compared to the European version. Although my T6 is made in Germany there might be some subtle differences or not. I'm looking for someone who has installed a Reimo pop top and that can tell me if the ceiling in my T6 is similar to those in Europe, see photos. In my photos you'll see ceiling vents which provide air-conditioning and heat. The blower is at the right rear (see panel removed). After installation of the Reimo pop top we're wondering how the interior ceiling is finished? Is there a trim kit? What about the vents for the A/C and heat, where will they be located. Can someone please provide me with some insight and PHOTOS so we can see what the final product looks like inside. I can then forward this information to the installer in California. Thanks! This is an exciting project.

Hello I'm new to this forum. I recently purchased a VW T6 transporter LWB from Mexico. Although they're not available in the US or Canada they are available in Mexico. I live in the US and Mexico but the vehicle remains registered in Mexico. It's impossible to import these into the US as they don't meet the emissions requirements. Although it's a diesel, the DEF fluid tank has been removed. Not required in Mexico.
Anyhow! My plan is to convert it to a camper using Reimo's products. I found a company in California who converts Mercedes Metris' into campers using Reimo's pop top and kitchen system. So they are familiar with their products and are willing to take on the challenge.
Initially we will be installing the pop top Easy-Fit front pop up with integrated solar panel and standard bed. Since this will be the first T6 conversion in North America I'd like to know if there are any differences with the interior ceiling compared to the European version. Although my T6 is made in Germany there might be some subtle differences or not. I'm looking for someone who has installed a Reimo pop top and that can tell me if the ceiling in my T6 is similar to those in Europe, see photos. In my photos you'll see ceiling vents which provide air-conditioning and heat. The blower is at the right rear (see panel removed). After installation of the Reimo pop top we're wondering how the interior ceiling is finished? Is there a trim kit? What about the vents for the A/C and heat, where will they be located. Can someone please provide me with some insight and PHOTOS so we can see what the final product looks like inside. I can then forward this information to the installer in California. Thanks! This is an exciting project.

Hi there,
Did you get your conversion done in California your VW T6 …?

Back