VW T6.1 new van still waiting...

Jack02

Hi everyone,
New to the forum and looking for some advice as I still await my first transporters arrival, order last November and was meant to arrive end of the month, then end of April, now mid June and so on and so on, anyway the reason for my post the dealership have offered me a T32 Highline 150ps LWB in raven blue, tailgate, rear camera, heated seats, led headlights and tow bar, but has 6k miles and is registered as 70, taking into account I have ordered the same but as a T30 in pure grey without camera, or heated seats and I wanted barn doors, everything else is identical accept it will be brand new and a 21, any help appreciated as I honestly not sure what the benefits of a T32, know that they cost more money to begin with!
Thanks in advance :)

Unless you need to carry the extra weight then I would stick with a T30.
The suspension on the T32 is very harsh when unladen. I had all mine changed because of how harsh it was and I never carry 1 ton in it.

Unless you need to carry the extra weight then I would stick with a T30.
The suspension on the T32 is very harsh when unladen. I had all mine changed because of how harsh it was and I never carry 1 ton in it.

Don’t necessarily need the extra payload as I will have the tow bar and trailer, planning a few future upgrades planned down the line on the suspension but will be happy to be driving around in it already leaning towards waiting a bit longer as I’ve waited this long already...

It depends on how closely the van they are offering matches your spec and whether it's a good deal. Most demo/second hand vans I've seen recently have been expensive.

A new van will also have a longer factory warranty and the option to extend that warranty...

If you are financing then their APR is normally higher on used vehicles. Depends how quickly you need it
Needed it last year when I decided to spur of the moment sell my caddy maxi, still have a crafter to use, although not exactly practical as my only transport

It depends on how closely the van they are offering matches your spec and whether it's a good deal. Most demo/second hand vans I've seen recently have been expensive.

A new van will also have a longer factory warranty and the option to extend that warranty...
Specs are identical apart from T32, heated drivers seat, tailgate and reversing camera, the wait to have something new from the factory is going to be worth it, 6 weeks is nothing compared to the 4 months it’s been I’ve started collecting things and don’t even have the van could be the T7 before it’s here!

4B7A12F3-2F8C-4C2C-BE2F-6B4987C1D37F.jpeg

I had exactly the same issue ordered last March told there would be delays October turned into November, November to December finally got it in January.
would I wait again? Absolutely Transporters are the only van to have!

I had exactly the same issue ordered last March told there would be delays October turned into November, November to December finally got it in January.
would I wait again? Absolutely Transporters are the only van to have!
10 months wow that’s a bit longer than me Thought things were picking up again, hoping it won’t be delayed any more! Never actually driven one before haha always wanted one so decided to go for it!

Ordered my 6.1 Caravelle Exec in October. Build week 10 confirmed (8th March) so hopefully should be with me in the next month or so.

Only ordered my T6.1 T28 150psi with no major add-ons about 5 weeks ago, I seemingly have a build week of 13!!?? Could this be right, seems a few others are only getting build weeks from orders back end of 2020?

am I lucky/wrong/getting my hopes up?
It’s not stopping me splurge on bits n pieces tho!!!!

Only ordered my T6.1 T28 150psi with no major add-ons about 5 weeks ago, I seemingly have a build week of 13!!?? Could this be right, seems a few others are only getting build weeks from orders back end of 2020?

Could well be right. Sounds like either you managed to pick up an order that the dealer already had in the system, or your dealer had unused allocation. Either way, well done and be thankful that you aren’t one of the many being told not to expect it before Sept at the earliest!

Don’t necessarily need the extra payload as I will have the tow bar and trailer, planning a few future upgrades planned down the line on the suspension but will be happy to be driving around in it already leaning towards waiting a bit longer as I’ve waited this long already...

@Jack02 if your towing a Trailer ( less its motor bikes or garden waste ) surely the T 32 with firmer suspension would better and suit your needs and stronger brakes . a 70 plate is September 2020 - Feb 2021 you wont loose much warranty 6000 might of even ironed out new problems and wont you get a saving on the price . and you can Join team Blue

Couldn’t yourself lucky but all depends on the build/spec I suppose My build week was 12 then 18 and now it’s 16 I believe, have no idea when it’s going to arrive haha at least I have a build week sort of!

@Jack02 if your towing a Trailer ( less its motor bikes or garden waste ) surely the T 32 with firmer suspension would better and suit your needs and stronger brakes . a 70 plate is September 2020 - Feb 2021 you wont loose much warranty 6000 might of even ironed out new problems and wont you get a saving on the price . and you can Join team Blue
It would only be every now and again, ideally I would still use the crafter for work aka the digger & dumper and use the T6 for bikes and boards like you say, christ almost autocorrected ‘boards’ to ‘birds’ that could of got me in trouble

My T30 tows 2 tons very nicely, I wouldn't want firmer suspension, and if your trailer brakes are set properly the van brakes are more than adequate on a T30.

My T30 tows 2 tons very nicely, I wouldn't want firmer suspension, and if your trailer brakes are set properly the van brakes are more than adequate on a T30.
@Jack02 Don't the birds come with the boards lol and the VW van lol

Last edited:
Reactions: Ozi
Back