VW SWB 3 seats rear sink/hob options

LJO1980

Hi all. We are considering buying a conversion from a dealer. As a standard they offer either a double hob and sink with 2 seats in rear or a single hob with 3 seats in rear. I want to have my cake and eat it as we are a family of 5 so would love to have the 3 rear seats and a double hob. Is this possible? Any tips?

Danbury used this layout on their "Surf King".
This allowed up to 6 belted seats and a double hob/grill sink and fridge.

IMG_4710-677x568.jpg

Cook out the back with a slide out pod.
Do you have the tailgate door so you are undercover? Will research slide out pod! Also looking at awning as would like to create additional double bedroom and seating area. There are 5 of us so thinking youngest will sleep in pop top, us in van bed and two older boys (9 and 10 by time we get van) in tent bedroom.

Reactions: CAB
Do you have the tailgate door so you are undercover? Will research slide out pod! Also looking at awning as would like to create additional double bedroom and seating area. There are 5 of us so thinking youngest will sleep in pop top, us in van bed and two older boys (9 and 10 by time we get van) in tent bedroom.
Yes, you can also get a rear tent that goes under the tailgate. You can get drive away tents for extra outdoor space.

Hi all. We are considering buying a conversion from a dealer. As a standard they offer either a double hob and sink with 2 seats in rear or a single hob with 3 seats in rear. I want to have my cake and eat it as we are a family of 5 so would love to have the 3 rear seats and a double hob. Is this possible? Any tips?
5 in a T6 camper, I think I’d be cooking and sleeping outside.
Not even sure there’s enough elbow room for everybody to eat at the same time.

5 in a T6 camper, I think I’d be cooking and sleeping outside.
Not even sure there’s enough elbow room for everybody to eat at the same time.
Yep defo getting an awning but was just after options from people who have more experience than me.

Yep defo getting an awning but was just after options from people who have more experience than me.
We often camp for the night in ’alternative’ locations where we are closed down, no pop top. Two adults trained like synchronised swimmers just manage.
Open the pop top and add an additional 3 people…mmmm

We often camp for the night in ’alternative’ locations where we are closed down, no pop top. Two adults trained like synchronised swimmers just manage.
Open the pop top and add an additional 3 people…mmmm
This isn't a helpful conversation. We will have a pop top and an awning with extra bedrooms when we camp.

This is possible, see below images of various conversions we have completed. One is a transit custom, one has a twin seat biut these can be changed for 3 seaters and the transit model can be achieved in a VW.

I hope this helps.

Rgds

Ian
IMG-20210811-WA0013.jpg

5.JPG

1.JPG

2.JPG

Back