Rear seat brackets

piper1

VCDS User
VIP Member
Hi I was wondering if anyone was able to answer my question.

I Have a 2017 T6 and I’m about to start planning to build some cupboards and fit them in the summer but I have a little issue that is making it a little awkward at the moment.

I want to keep the original cushion flooring and the extra seats in for rear of the van for day to day use as well as having a full camper van minus the rock and roll bed when on hols.

The option I have at the moment is to build the majority of the cupboard and fix them in the van and build a separate removeable unit to house the fridge-cooker and sink that I can swap over with the rear seat as and when required.

What would make it easier for me was if I could just swap position of the rear double seat with the single seat .

My question is would I be able to add additional brackets to the van in order move the double seat over to the kerb side which would allow me to fit a complete unit set up to my van.

Sorry if it came across long winded.

The problem you will have is no seatbelt for the seat normally behind the driver.

One option is a single middle shuttle seat and two extra brackets.

I have one of these in the third row to make a 6th seat - it has an integral seat belt. I have fitted extra brackets in row two so I can take the twin seat out and have a single middle seat

Thank you for the reply I was thinking that the European market must have the same combination I'm looking for and the brackets do have pre located position to suit all and it only depends on which side of the Road we drive on depends on which bracket setup is installed

Sorry if it came across long winded.
That’ll be the bagpipes I guess.

Maybe look at conversion companies that install rail systems and furniture pods.
Whatever you do make sure the seating is certified and legal while driving and that the furniture is adequately restrained to deal with a collision.

That’ll be the bagpipes I guess.

Maybe look at conversion companies that install rail systems and furniture pods.
Whatever you do make sure the seating is certified and legal while driving and that the furniture is adequately restrained to deal with a collision.
Good guess, thank you for the reply.
I really need to crawl under the van and check to see if it can be done.

Another option might be to buy Europe 2/1 seats and have the single behind the driver. This will work if you have twin sliders as the single seat tips forward to allow access to the back of the van.

There seems to be a shortage of 2/1 UK seats and they demand a premium currently.

Back