VW All in Beware credit card charges

Salty Spuds

VCDS User
VIP Member
T6 Legend
Just a heads up. I took out the VW All In plan last month, did it at the dealers, paid on credit card. The credit card statement arrived today & the CC Company have added a £33 "Cash Advance Fee". Phoned the CC co & was told that because the payment had gone to VW Finance who administer the All In Plan, the payment was treated as a cash withdrawal & subject to fees & interest.
Long story short, I got the charge refunded after much arguing with the CC co. But was warned that in future I would have to pay.

Caveat Emptor

Just a heads up. I took out the VW All In plan last month, did it at the dealers, paid on credit card. The credit card statement arrived today & the CC Company have added a £33 "Cash Advance Fee". Phoned the CC co & was told that because the payment had gone to VW Finance who administer the All In Plan, the payment was treated as a cash withdrawal & subject to fees & interest.
Long story short, I got the charge refunded after much arguing with the CC co. But was warned that in future I would have to pay.

Caveat Emptor
Fidem emptor cave (Be careful as a credit buyer) ;)

I paid for mine by card when the All In was first introduced and didn't get charged any extra. I wonder whether the fact the my invoice was for a service and the All In cost together that made a difference. I think I probably I used a Mastercard.

Fidem emptor cave (Be careful as a credit buyer) ;)
As I pointed out to the very nice lady at Mastercard, I wasn’t buying credit, I was paying up front for 2 years servicing/warranty (insurance??) and breakdown cover. All of which I’ve never been charged a Cash Fee for before. Ironically for a CC company, I had to point out that “credit” involves paying after the fact, not in advance.

As I pointed out to the very nice lady at Mastercard, I wasn’t buying credit, I was paying up front for 2 years servicing/warranty (insurance??) and breakdown cover. All of which I’ve never been charged a Cash Fee for before. Ironically for a CC company, I had to point out that “credit” involves paying after the fact, not in advance.
Erm, do you pay your credit card provider in advance?!!!

Nope, but I do pay in full every month which pi55es of the CC co very much. Never paid a penny in credit card interest in my life.
Spoken (written?) like a true Yorkshireman! #MeToo

Nope, but I do pay in full every month which pi55es of the CC co very much. Never paid a penny in credit card interest in my life.
Me too! The CC is just a source of convenience, airmiles and consumer protection for me. I was just pulling your leg about the view on “credit”!

Me too! The CC is just a source of convenience, airmiles and consumer protection for me. I was just pulling your leg about the view on “credit”!
Aye! I guessed that, but for some reason I’ve lost the ability to insert emoji’s so couldn’t nod you the wink. But that’s another story.

• Haha
Reactions: JOG
Back