Victron MultiPlus Inverter

cnais

Hi,

I've recently had the electrics installed into my self build conversion and I'm trying to understand the electrical system.

I've had a Victron MultiPlus inverter installed (see here), shore power connection, 200W solar panel & leisure battery, to enable me to have both hook-up and off-grid power. Therefore my power outlets are 12V usb sockets and 2 double 3 pin sockets for 240V.

One of the double 3 pin sockets comes directly from the shore hookup and so is only usable when this is connected. The other runs to the inverter.

My question is - the 3 pin socket that runs through to the inverter, can this be used both when connected to shore hookup AND off-grid? I am also trying to figure out the up/down switch on the inverter and exactly what it does.

Help greatly appreciated.

Thanks

The one off the inverter is taking the 12v from your battery and converting it into 240v.
The other is obviously taking it direct from the 240v EHU.
As long as you have a battery charger that charges your leisure battery when on EHU I’d guess you should be fine using both/either. The charger will put back in what the inverter takes out.
If only using one then I’d use the shore power one to save constant recharging of the battery.
If you are not on EHU then you can use the socket from the inverter any time to get 240v when off grid.
Just be mindful of how quickly that will drain your LB.

Back