Vcds - What Can It Do?

Brom

T6 Pro
VCDS is a novel idea to me, but reading the threads, there seems to be a lot one can do.

I have a 66-plate T6 Kombi Campervan, and a 67-plate Caddy Life. Will the VCDS work on both of them? Presumably, you'd need different programs for the two vehicles?

I ask because there are some annoying features.

On the T6, the radio switches off if you have been stationary/engine off for half an hour or so - on site this is annoying!

On the Caddy, I ordered Cornering Fog Lights, only to find they only work below 30mph, which negates the whole purpose of having them!

Also on the Caddy, my reversing camera switches on when I select reverse gear, but the screen only shows half a picture - the rest is covered by the pictogram showing the parking sensors. To get full screen camera monitor, I have to tap the screen. Again, very annoying. This doesn't happen on the T6, probably because the media screen is a little larger.

Is this the sort of thing a VCDS wizard could modify?

It will work on all vag vehicles
It won't help with the the radio issue
I don't think it will help with your camera issue either

So you are left with tweaks and Carista might be a cheaper option for you.

The fog light thing is a bit of a non issue too, certainly on the T6 they don’t really put out any noticeable light, they’re not like the proper turning lights on BMW/Volvo/Merc cars etc, so they wouldn’t help for driving over 30 anyway. They’re more for visibility to other vehicles and for seeing your intentions.

Thanks, everyone, for the advice. The Caddy's lights are certainly better than the T6 candles, and its cornering fog lights would be really useful on country roads. On the T6, I have to use the fogs at all times in darkness, so I can see the sides of the road, even if I can't see what's ahead! I am certainly interested in the mod mentioned elsewhere on the Forum, to get H7 headlights, using twin bulbs, as the H4s are lamentable.

I'll have a look at getting VCDS or Carista, but would be wary of making changes myself, in case, in my ignorance, I wrecked something!

Back