VCDS in West Midlands - Shrewsbury

Hi newbie Shrewsbury T6 Kombi owner, are you still able to assist with some changes? Cheers Kirsty

Hi @rod_vw I would appreciate very much if you could help me out as well, I have swapped my rear light PV van clusters to led and it has thrown up a bulb monitoring light, which I presume needs vcds to switch off. (Prefere to pay a member rather than the dealer)
Any help gratefully recieved
Steve

Hi Steve, there is a thread on here somewhere about disabling bulb warnings and from what I read it is somewhat of a dubious possibility. Have a word with @Pauly and others to see what can be done, if it's possible I will willingly do it. (@Pauly if you read this perhaps you could come in on the conversation or create a new thread.)

It would be good if we had a dealer around here wouldn't it? Although you are a bit closer to Wrexham than I am.

Rod

There are tick boxes in the coding for turning lamp monitoring on/off so it’s just a case of unticking the box and saving it a though there’s no guarantees it will work, others had the same on fog lights and checked to find it already turned off

Rod, I’d really like to get the km/ph changed to Mph, would you be able to help and if so how much? I’m trying to read up on other features (complete Newby) as not sure exactly what they are needle sweep, tear wipe etc only had the van since end of Dec. Cheers Kirsty

There are tick boxes in the coding for turning lamp monitoring on/off so it’s just a case of unticking the box and saving it a though there’s no guarantees it will work, others had the same on fog lights and checked to find it already turned off

That's as I thought @Pauly but I'm willing to try for Steve @Peatey.

Rod

Noticing the lack of Map 'flags' from many members, it would be good if those concerned could add this info. I believe @Pauly makes sure that the exact location does not show so it won't give too much detail away. I personally don't have a problem having been in the VW world now for almost 50yrs and lived in the same house for most of those many know just where to find me!

Rod

User locations are randomised within a few km of actual location so are scattered around the locale, that’s why some members living in seaside towns/cities appear to live in the sea

Just a note to say met with @rod_vw today and he managed to work his magic, a very knowledgeable guy with anything to do with VW's and great to talk to and i learned a lot (and mrs rod makes a lovely brew)
@Pauly rod has saved a scan of before and after i don't know if you would be interested, i presume he still has it

That's as I thought @Pauly but I'm willing to try for Steve @Peatey.

Rod

Follow up on this...

As @Peatey says we seem to have got rid of his bulb failure warning. He has fitted OEM rear LED light units of which as far as I know the only light that is LED is the tail light the others still being filament bulbs. When he arrived with me the coding for tail light bulb warning was 'un-ticked' now being a cynical sod after looking at all other settings and not finding anything obviously relevant I 'ticked' the tail light failure Bit and lone behold he now has no failure light on the dash.

Since he left me I have looked at my own Highline T6 with LED lights and see that the tail light warning Bit is set 'un-ticked' BUT I don't get a warning on the dash.

!! Don't ask it's all a black art !!

I'm happy and so is @Peatey so we will call it quits.

Rod

Yeah this whole bulb monitoring seems very random, every vehicle seems to vary what is on and what is off !

Back