Vanshades installation

hunta

VIP Member
T6 Pro
Is this as easy as they make out on the website? I've seen the YouTube video, which makes it look incredibly simple. Skills just about extend to use of an electric drill in favourable circumstances, so trying to work out whether it's going to be on the right side of doable for me. :D

I did my install recently with similar little skill. Not too bad, I followed the video too. My units were pre-loved so had holes already drilled through which was helpfully.
The rear tailgate one was hardest as the upper screw were a pain to get to go in for some reason.
Just take your time, you'll be fine

Electric drill with Phillips screw bit and I'll be fine?! What can possibly go wrong...?!

It's not a Philips I'm sure it's a hex but I think they actually send you a drill bit. The videos are very well done but drilling 50mm self tapping hex screws into your lovely van requires some courage! Make sure you fit the sliding door one into place then close the door and fit screws.

The window ledges are not flat so I drilled pilot holes with a small drill bit first.............Just to be on the safe side because if it slips it may damage the window pad as the plastic is not overly thick.

It's not a Philips I'm sure it's a hex but I think they actually send you a drill bit. The videos are very well done but drilling 50mm self tapping hex screws into your lovely van requires some courage! Make sure you fit the sliding door one into place then close the door and fit screws.
Bloody struggling man!!!!! Seems so off… and when i do fit it into the door - shut it tight…. It doesnt sit right, or even around it… and i can see the back of the door hasn’t closed properly, its flexed.

Bloody struggling man!!!!! Seems so off… and when i do fit it into the door - shut it tight…. It doesnt sit right, or even around it… and i can see the back of the door hasn’t closed properly, its flexed.
Have you removed the top black plastic section from the kombi windows ?

Offered up… anyone else’s splash back aperture from vanfurniture not match up to that of the desired Vanshade

9E6B5B44-2EE9-4586-8816-E1F461B32A7E.jpeg

Electric drill with Phillips screw bit and I'll be fine?! What can possibly go wrong...?!
Just in case anyone is hesitating I bit the bullet, swallowed a brave pill and went for it. No issues with installation once I dived in.

I used a standard Bosch electric drill with the supplied hex attachment and it seemed to be up to the job.

It shows in the diagram they give in the paperwork - pretty straight forward! if youre still struggling , YouTube

Yeah saw the diagram, was hoping for some little indentations on the plastic showing exactly where to drill, in terms of how far in towards the door, I’m guessing keep the screw centred on the plastic frame

No, they give a rough indication on the diagrams but no marks on the plastic for anything more precise. The rear ones on the sliding door gave me most pause for thought, partly because for some reason I chose to do that one first, but all was fine.

I think the sliding door vanshade is the wrong size too, dont know about yours but if you open the door and look at the shade in the top left corner (from the inside of the van) its crushed a little , if you put a jet spray on the door on the outside water droplets find there was into the van now. And I've pushed it the whole way to the right before screwing it down.

First one done! Phew. Spent ages procrastinating then went for it. Anyone else sh!t themselves screwing big screws into their pride and joy?!

Back