Van won't start (Ghost installed)

Jollyvan

VIP Member
T6 Guru
Hi all. My van has been on the drive for a few weeks with smart charger keeping the batteries topped up. Tried to start it today and two things are not right. The glow plug light is flashing (Engine management fault) and the Ghost input is not giving the OK signal. Have connected Carista and have 11 Faults. The Engine fault is 05523 this resets but comes back. The Central Electronic faults are mainly due to under voltage. Van battery is showing 95% on my battery monitor. Anyone got any thoughts on things to try?

try the full reset first . . then retest.

@Dellmassive Just done the ECU reset which has cleared most of the faults except the main engine fault 05523. Just out of interest it has deleted the mirror fold on key for some reason.

You need to reset the window pinch protection before the mirror fold kicks back in.

@mmi Nothing much to see in Carista just 05523 Manufacturer-specific code.
Have scanned with a Snap On workshop device and fault is ECM disabled. I think it might be a Ghost fault so having that disconnected first to rule that out.

keep us posted.

you saying the van still wont start?

any still no "OK" signal from the Ghost? - So having it disconnected to retest?

Have you locked the van and waited 15 minutes then tried again with your ghost code etc?

Will keep you updated. Tried Ghost Emergency code and still no response. Spoke to Autowatch today and they suggested getting installer to check it out. As I can't take it to them I will have to wait for an engineer call out -should be Friday! Good job its's not my daily drive....

Autowatch installer has removed Ghost and Van now starts :) Now waiting to find out if it can be flashed back to reset it or new Ghost required.

@Dellmassive Van booked in on wednesday to have Ghost 'flashed'. Everything currently working normally except I seem to have lost all comfort settings.

Keep us posted..

Reset the windows pinch protection..then that should work.

Yes tried that - If I am doing it right. lower window all the way down then up again and hold the button for 10 seconds. Drivers side has reset but not passenger side. Might try cleaning the track for a smoother shut. Doing a full reset wouldn't have lost the settings would it?

Well not good news. The Ghost has totally failed and cannot be re-set. The installer has removed it and is to have a conversation with Autowatch. I have been told not to expect much assistance from them as they usually try to pass the blame onto user etc.etc. Prospect of having to have new unit fitted at £450.

Back