Van wanted

JessyJ72

Hello everyone, another newbie looking for a little help finding the right T6.

After looking for the right van for most of this year (and regretting not buying one of several vans pre Covid tax) I’m now getting a little desperate.

I have quite a specific list of requirements, however I’m open to suggestions from the more experienced guys and girls as to how I end up with what I want.

The spec I’m after is as follows, however I’m aware it probably doesn’t exist in unmodified form:

SWB T6 Kombi 2017/18 plate,
150, T30/32,
6 speed manual,
Lowest mileage possible,
Black or Grey
Solid barn doors
Fully carpeted and sound proofed/deadened,
40mm lowered
Single passenger seat
Rear bulk head
Air con
Nice leather steering wheel
Single or twin slider
Some sort of subtle body kit

I have around £24k to spend in total and unfortunately I’m not VAT registered. I know that this is a big ask and not an off the shelf option. I’m handy and practical so can do most things myself, however we have our first little one due in Feb so my list of jobs to do before then is already growing!

I’ve been looking for months now and kind of not actually getting anywhere, so if you know of any suitable vans knocking about that you would like to see go to a genuine buyer looking for a long term family vehicle, please do get in touch.

Thank you,

Steve.

if you cant find what you want in the wild . . .

Then you need to get a base van with the factory options . . . . . then add the extras your self.

so look for a base van with these bits:

SWB T6 Kombi 2017/18 plate,
150, T30/32,
6 speed manual,
Black or Grey
Solid barn doors
Rear bulk head
Air con
Single or twin slider

then add these yourself: (all very common mods)
Fully carpeted and sound proofed/deadened,
40mm lowered
Single passenger seat
Nice leather steering wheel
Some sort of subtle body kit

Post Covid I can’t find anything that fits my budget unfortunately.

Do you know roughly how much I’d need to convert a panel van to a Kombi and can this be done without compromising safety? (Not sure how the rear seats are fitted and if standard panel vans have the correct supports and fixing points already in place)

Thanks.

Post Covid I can’t find anything that fits my budget unfortunately.

Do you know roughly how much I’d need to convert a panel van to a Kombi and can this be done without compromising safety? (Not sure how the rear seats are fitted and if standard panel vans have the correct supports and fixing points already in place)

Thanks.
Depends how much you can/want to do yourself.
As @Dellmassive said getting the bare bones right 1st, anything else is doable after that.
Fitting rear seats in a PV is doable, but not cheap and not a 5 minute job

Seat brackets and surrounding trim
Seat bracket reinforcement plates (underneath)
Seats belt kits
Seats themselves and possible retrim cost.
Then ply floor and floor covering to suit.

Reactions: DXX
To get the right vehicle. I would recommend registering with as many vehicle selling websites as possible for email alerts e.g. carguru autotrader RAC AA VW etc. I bought my 2017 T6 via an email alert by leaving a deposit, without the garage having received the vehicle and with no photographs. Some T6 setups are hard to come by and can get snapped up quickly. Good luck

Back