Van insulation progress

Jamie2.0

Joiner
VIP Member
T6 Guru
IMG_0349.JPG IMG_0353.JPG IMG_0358.JPG IMG_0359.JPG

I managed to make some small progress with the insulation this week on the van.

I decided to go for the 2mm silent coat and 16mm Dodtherm as well as the recycled plastic insulation for the voids that I couldn't get my hands in.

I've only done the rear panels so far and put some pieces in the tail gate, I'll re-visit this when I get back on it later today. I wasn't sure at first if it made a difference but my wife's driven since and reckons it sounds less van like already so figure that's a good gauge that it's working!!!

I made the same choice as you, but only ended up using one of the rolls of Insulation, pleased with the results though.

I made the same choice as you, but only ended up using one of the rolls of Insulation, pleased with the results though.

@superflyguy how did you tackle the roof? Did you use the silent coat and dodotherm on that too? I've not removed the roof panels yet but it doesn't look like there's much room up there

I've now got the rear section of the roof complete, just need to grab half a day to do the doors and middle part of the roof.

Saw the guys from Breeze VW today with one of their demonstrators at Simply VW Beaulieu. They had a van there lined by uberbus, very nice, this is what I want to aim for, nice and clean and simple looking
IMG_0462.JPG

IMG_0463.JPG

Back