Vag Can Pro - Any Good?

Sorry, not really into these things, so thanks for the heads up about being illegal.

I got the link from another forum.
Will buy the genuine one or a Carista.

I'll delete this thread.

Cheers

SB

I have VCP and it is a good bit of kit, its a viable alternative to VCDS but is a lot trickier to use
It has many functions that VCDS cannot perform like start/stop disable, flashing of control modules and EEPROM edits but you really have to know what your doing with this if you want to get into the advanced functions

My advice is if you only want error code reading and basic tweaks carista is dirt cheap and can do this
If you want to do more advanced tweaks/modify coding and look at live data etc without to much hassle then VCDS is good
VCP is only necessary if you want to perform very specific tasks that VCDS cant do and although it is a slightly more powerful tool than VCDS it has a very steep learning curve and is certainly not something you can just pick up and perform advanced functions with no experience

I've looked at Carista @Loz.....does it enable the rear speaker function, for example......I can't find a reference to that function? I just want to enable the usual stuff and I don't know anyone with vcds, so I want something idiot (me) proof! Is it that straight forward to use? :thumbsup:

I've looked at Carista @Loz.....does it enable the rear speaker function, for example......I can't find a reference to that function? I just want to enable the usual stuff and I don't know anyone with vcds, so I want something idiot (me) proof! Is it that straight forward to use? :thumbsup:
I don't know without checking as I use VCDS for that job normally. I'll have a look for you today (and take some screen shots whilst I'm at it)

Back