looking to be able to have more detail over van status and so forth

djgriff

VIP Member
T6 Pro
Hi has any one used this: 2023 LAUNCH X431 PROS V+Elite Diagnostic Scanner Key Online Coding Bidirectional , do you know if it is any good. I heard that VCDS has stopped updating their software. I currently have a carista but wnat to be able to reset battery charging voltages and have indepth readouts on Adblue system and so forth to diagnose whats going on in more detail.
If any one could recommend either this or another diagnostic tool would be awesome.
Cheers

I use VCDS and also ODBEleven.

VCDS for home tinkering on the driveway and ODBEleven kept in my glovebox via my iPhone if ever needed on the move e.g. a EML appears whilst out.

Not heard about VCDS no longer providing updates - will need to look into that.

i used to have a LAUNCH years ago,

but with those sorts of scanners (Chineese imports) you wont know what really work until you try it.

i run the Snapon D10 and Autel Maxi Scanners which are great . . . but not as specific as the VCDS i run ( For VAG motors)

so best bet for now is

VCDS

then OBD11

Carist is is for basic code scans.

+++++

VCDS continally update there software which is free with an official adapter.

current version is 23.3 - from 21st April 2023

The Current version is:
Release 23.3.1
Data Version 20230421 / DS346.2

1684740732774.png

@djgriff I can't find anything on google about Ross-tech stopping VCDS updates.....
Interesting, the chap who, mapped out my Adblue system said they had stopped updating the software since 2021 I think he mentioned. Apologies if this incorrect, to his word for it. Guess I will consider VCDS if they are still supporting it. Cheers

i used to have a LAUNCH years ago,

but with those sorts of scanners (Chineese imports) you wont know what really work until you try it.

i run the Snapon D10 and Autel Maxi Scanners which are great . . . but not as specific as the VCDS i run ( For VAG motors)

so best bet for now is

VCDS

then OBD11

Carist is is for basic code scans.

+++++

VCDS continally update there software which is free with an official adapter.

current version is 23.3 - from 21st April 2023

The Current version is:
Release 23.3.1
Data Version 20230421 / DS346.2

View attachment 199778
Cheers Dell appreciated

If you are only ever going to use it for yourself then 3 is fine, gives you the chance to use it on any replacement van in the future.

If you have more than one VAG vehicle in the family, and/or friends or relatives who also have VAGs then the 10 maybe better or you want to use it for a business on customer cars then unlimited.

My first cable I used on my Caddy, then my previous T6 and my neighbours Golf. Then I sold it on fleabay. Then I bought a second one and have only used 1x vin on my current T6.

You can buy an upgrade licence if necessary when/if you use up the VINs - so you can go from 3>10 or from 10>unlimited.

If you are only ever going to use it for yourself then 3 is fine, gives you the chance to use it on any replacement van in the future.

If you have more than one VAG vehicle in the family, and/or friends or relatives who also have VAGs then the 10 maybe better or you want to use it for a business on customer cars then unlimited.

My first cable I used on my Caddy, then my previous T6 and my neighbours Golf. Then I sold it on fleabay. Then I bought a second one and have only used 1x vin on my current T6.

You can buy an upgrade licence if necessary when/if you use up the VINs - so you can go from 3>10 or from 10>unlimited.
Thanks for the reply. Didn’t realise I could upgrade the licenses,
Cheers
Daniel

Back