Upgrade dsg lever..?

Would be good if the gear selector indicator was on the correct side of the stick.

Would be good if the gear selector indicator was on the correct side of the stick.
Yeah, there are a few things in the dashboard area that annoy me, this being the main one. Obviously designed for LHD but i'm sure the cover could be designed easily.

Well then remove the indicator on the gear stick then and go with the MFD.

I know it's on the MFD as it displays what gear I'm in when accelerating ranging from 1-7. Still, I bet a manual will tell you what gear you're in and when you need to change up or down, but there is still an indicator on the top of the knob.

I reckon you have cocked your head to the left once or twice when you first drove the van to see what gear you were in and where N was from D, and how many dunks it was from D to P. I also reckon you now kno where it is without looking, like you do when you drive a manual.

If it's there then make it usable.

I still look around now as unlike a manual it seems to be harder to gauge gear based purely on an up or down movement.

The mfd does have it but half the time the stop start icon blocks it or its too slow to show so may as well look over.

Surely if its a dsg you don't need to know nor care what gear its in, thats the whole point of it.

You need to use the force a bit more :)

Back