Kombi Under seat storage

Danbo

Please can someone help me out, I have just ordered my new Kombi but I really hate seeing the seating metal work exposed underneath. I have the single/double combination with a second bulkhead.
Is there any way I can box/hide add drawers etc to the rear seats to make it look better? With two little ones I expect to be picking toys up every time I stop!!
Yours hopefully

Just have a look at most camper conversions - the typical seat beds, e.g. RIB, are on ugly metal frames and get boxed in with doors and/or drawers as part of the conversion. Speak to your local convertors and I'm sure they will be able to give you some ideas and a price for doing it on a Kombi seat.

Please can someone help me out, I have just ordered my new Kombi but I really hate seeing the seating metal work exposed underneath. I have the single/double combination with a second bulkhead.
Is there any way I can box/hide add drawers etc to the rear seats to make it look better? With two little ones I expect to be picking toys up every time I stop!!
Yours hopefully

I totally get you, can imagine Fidget spinners and all sorts sliding under my pedals when braking lmao

Yours hopefully
Hi just got my Kombi today and want to box out underneath the rear seats etc, did you come up with a solution for yours

There’s been some chat about utilising the space under the double 2nd row seat for storage.

Has anyone bought a box/tub that fits perfectly or is there a place that sells custom made ones?

Oooh good question, myself and Mrs WheelieBealie were discussing this only yesterday afternoon as I'd just braked hard to miss a 'bikelife' yoof (he and his parents can thank me later for stopping in time and not killing him), alas good deeds do not go unpunished and our flask died in the process of saving the aforementioned scrotes life, we came to two conclusions a) if pro-creation were opt in and not opt out then there wouldn't have been a problem and b) a storage box under the double seat in the second row would be a great place to store/put things to stop them rolling about. Will update this post if I find a suitable container :)

Bloody unruly yoofs! Haha

I will just put a tub under and bungee it in for now but being a T6 pest I want something custom made that looks good in the long run.

I Built a box with 12mm plywood and fixed it to the seats with drawer runners. I carpeted to match the rest of the van with some left overs from another job. Works great and there is a lot more room than I thought. Measures approximately 65 x 36 x 24 cm. The kids built a know but I broke it accidentally, so I need to put a new one.
I upload some photos so that you get an idea, showing the box and the runners. Sorry, but my van is absolutely filthy at the moment...

IMG_8854.JPG

IMG_8858.JPG

IMG_8857.JPG

IMG_8856.JPG

IMG_8855.JPG

That looks really good, loads of room too. I’ve been planning to do a similar thing but mine involes spraying the box with black paint and sticking a vw badge in the front.

Cheers for the photos

Just found those ones at £30. Not even in great condition

I am looking for done storage that will move with the seats. Otherwise I would have had a go at making some ply boxes myself.

Edit: apparently ikea do plastic boxes that fit without modifications but I’ve yet to find the right ones.

Last edited:
Back