U Shaped seating query..

Belly

VIP Member
T6 Pro
Liking the idea of u shaped seating for my day van project, seen a few I like Project 77 for one, any one use this layout and have any pictures of the seating being used as I’m not sure it’s going to be big enough as I’ve got a swb. Tia

I’ve not got that set up, but if I did I’d certainly use a Lagun table rather than a post plonked in the centre that gets in the way. Much more flexible - I use it all the time

I’ve not got that set up, but if I did I’d certainly use a Lagun table rather than a post plonked in the centre that gets in the way. Much more flexible - I use it all the time

I use a Sequoia removable table leg for the table in the centre of the seating and have a similar fold out leg to put the table near the sliding door and/or under the tailgate. The table in that vid looks more of a faff than a normal table leg that just locks into a base plate.

Liking the idea of u shaped seating for my day van project, seen a few I like Project 77 for one, any one use this layout and have any pictures of the seating being used as I’m not sure it’s going to be big enough as I’ve got a swb. Tia
We have u shaped seating, but in a LWB. I think with the swb you get a similar size seating area by having the seats protrude more across the sliding door opening and reducing the size of the kitchen area.
We don’t have any seatbelts in the rear which gives much better views out of the tailgate. Belted conversions need a high structural seat back to accommodate the belts.

This isn't much help if you've got your heart set on a U-shaped bed, but my old T5 had an L-shaped bed consisting of a small side-facing rock'n'roll frame and then a wooden frame to make the rest of the shape by the back doors. It meant I ended up with a full sized bed with a headboard.

102_0514.JPG
102_0515.JPG
102_0517.JPG

The back bit could also be completely removed if I needed to use the van to carry long objects.

102_0665.JPG

102_0516.JPG

Last edited:
I use a Sequoia removable table leg for the table in the centre of the seating and have a similar fold out leg to put the table near the sliding door and/or under the tailgate. The table in that vid looks more of a faff than a normal table leg that just locks into a base plate.
I’ve got the Lagun table leg set up.
It goes up in less than a minute and then it’s done, you just slide it to where you want it, move it to the side to get around it, raise or lower the height in a jiffy.

No flaff at all.
We chose it precisely because of its flexibility and we wanted to avoid squeezing around a “fixed” centre post table every time we got up.

And a bonus was that the floor is totally flat for loading stuff

Different strokes for different folks though.
:thumbsup:

BD3CDB8F-8914-4E90-A063-826266A33B0B.jpeg9798C2FA-30F9-4561-9433-9A4F4947FD61.jpegDBB2B488-6539-4CA1-A5BA-56E5EF73121C.jpeg976D176D-CE5C-4139-B58A-CE97079C2E7A.jpeg

I’ve got the Lagun table leg set up.
It goes up in less than a minute and then it’s done, you just slide it to where you want it, move it to the side to get around it, raise or lower the height in a jiffy.

No flaff at all.
We chose it precisely because of its flexibility and we wanted to avoid squeezing around a “fixed” centre post table every time we got up.

And a bonus was that the floor is totally flat for loading stuff

Different strokes for different folks though.
:thumbsup:

View attachment 181777View attachment 181779View attachment 181776View attachment 181778
I see how it works in your setup, I guess it could work quite well in the T6.

Its from here Van Furniture even have the pics on there. Real comfy too. Was in the van when we bought it.
Hi Pacswoman, Your van looks great, and that is pretty much the layout I am planning to build. Just wondering where the leisure battery and electrical stuff i.e. consumer unit for EHU etc, are located in this kind of layout?

Leisure battery and trickle charger are under the drivers seat. Consumer unit is in the short bench after the hob/sink unit, which also houses the fresh and waste water, and a gas bottle. Hope that helps.

I used to have the project 77 layout and loved it. I have since sold the van but the link is below so you can see the layout. It’s a two berth though.

Back