Tyre Load Rate Question.

No, its a generic sticker fitted to a variety of vans
If you look at the axle loading sticker which is in the engine bay stuck to the bulkhead in front of driver it will tell your maximum axle weights which for a T32 is 1720 kgs
Split this between the two wheels on the axle and you have 860 kg per wheel/tyre
A 102 tyre has a max rating of 850 so doesnt quite make it, not saying it wont work but its not correct and could have implications on legality/mot/insurance etc

Thanks, I thought that but couldn't understand why they had put a sticker on saying 102. I will never understand vw.

the registration document of my Ocean shows an empty weight of 2400kg ... considered two people on board, plus the supplies I think you get to the maximum 3000kg ...?
tires with index 103 on the measure 215 / 65r16 could be good?
regards

It's a strange sticker for a T6 be that any weight designation.
The tyre the sticker refers to when used as a signal tyre has a load rating of 104 - fine for a T32
The same tyre if used on say a van/pickup/tipper with twin back wheels (each side) has to be down rated to a 102(T=twin) load rating per tyre. I think it relates to uneven tyre pressures/weight distribution

Thanks guys the tyres at the min are continental 215/60/17 104 rated am I safe to say a Nokian weatherproof 235/55/17 103 load rated would be safe to use.

Thanks guys the tyres at the min are continental 215/60/17 104 rated am I safe to say a Nokian weatherproof 235/55/17 103 load rated would be safe to use.
In theory yes, although you may want to consider the Nokian SUV Weatherproof range, which are designed for increased duty on larger vehicles, as opposed to car style dynamics
Buy Nokian WeatherProof SUV » FREE DELIVERY » Oponeo.co.uk
Which offer various sizes.

Back