TSI 150bph

Buddy3008

I have just bought a 150 TSI one owner 31,000miles that has been mapped with pendel map by the preivous owner and whant to know what makes the the difference between the 204 to the 150 stock engine is it just a bigger turbo or injectors as iv been told that i will never get the same output from mine as i would if i would have got the 204bhp model.

hey, good choice - i have a mapped tsi 150… as far as i am aware, the only difference is the factory map so should return the same at the tuners

Identical engine AFAIK and either will map to around the same figure

I have just bought a 150 TSI one owner 31,000miles that has been mapped with pendel map by the preivous owner and whant to know what makes the the difference between the 204 to the 150 stock engine is it just a bigger turbo or injectors as iv been told that i will never get the same output from mine as i would if i would have got the 204bhp model.
Thanks, spoken to the last owner and he said its been mapped to 260 as that's all they can do with the 150 on a stage 1 map but if it was a 204 they can get 300 just want to know what's stopping this happening?

Thanks, spoken to the last owner and he said its been mapped to 260 as that's all they can do with the 150 on a stage 1 map but if it was a 204 they can get 300 just want to know what's stopping this happening?
Not convinced this is true pretty sure they can both be mapped to around 300bhp with a stage 1 @BognorMotors will tell you for sure

I'm 99% sure they're exactly the same engine just the map differs from the factory so either will go to 300bhp(ish) however, as all 150's are manuals the clutch isn't capable of handling the same amount of torque as the DSG's which all 204's have.

I read on a performance site 150 & 204 can be mapped the same and 199 can get a little extre

I'm 99% sure they're exactly the same engine just the map differs from the factory so either will go to 300bhp(ish) however, as all 150's are manuals the clutch isn't capable of handling the same amount of torque as the DSG's which all 204's have.
This realy doesn't make sense as it's a DSG..... and says its a 150 kW on the log book Screenshot_20230513_221005_WhatsApp.jpg

That's right, just over 200bhp. I think you are getting your units mixed up.

I've been running a manual 150 TSi for over 50k at 305hp as a campervan. Towing a caravan for first 38k, new stock clutch at 40k, no longer towing, serviced yearly, new plugs every 2nd year. Travelling all over Europe, absolutely without a fault and up to 36mpg with a gentle right foot even fully loaded. Can't see me ever swapping until electric becomes the norm.

I've been running a manual 150 TSi for over 50k at 305hp as a campervan. Towing a caravan for first 38k, new stock clutch at 40k, no longer towing, serviced yearly, new plugs every 2nd year. Travelling all over Europe, absolutely without a fault and up to 36mpg with a gentle right foot even fully loaded. Can't see me ever swapping until electric becomes the norm.
36mpg?? You must have a gentle right foot for sure!! Lucky to get 28 on the motorway!

Back