Tow Bar 10% Bank Holiday Discount 24th-28th May 2018

Thanks for that, I’m after a Towbar at the minute so I’ll take advantage of that offer

They don’t seem to list a T6 towbar on their website, am I right in thinking that I would order their Westfalia Removable one for a T5 09-onwards with a 13 pin Vehicle Specific Kit for vehicles with Towbar Prep (Total Price - £150.12)? Would this give all the bits you get with a Factory Fit Towbar (disable rear sensors, alarm goes off if electrics are disconnected e.t.c)?

Here is the link.

Volkswagen T6 Transporter 2015 Onwards Westfalia Detachable Towbar

I'm ordering the detachable towbar and vehicle specific wiring.

On the label under my steering column my last line has the code 1D0 so I need the full harness (vehicle without tow prep) If you have the code 1D7 you need the cheaper harness (without tow prep)

Pauly said somewhere that the aftermarket westfalia OEM harness is more robust than the harness fitted when ordered with Tow Prep as the harness in the factory is fitted inside the vehicle, the one we buy is fitted to the underside of the floor

Spot in, thanks for the link

Do you need to order the bumper inserts with this one? Can’t see them mentioned anywhere......

I believe 2 foam pieces if a van, 1 long foam piece if you have windows behind the front door. Pauly has them in the shop, not asked yet or main dealer, about £20 each for the short ones. I think there is a possible need for a fuse box under the front passenger seat but not looked into that, will get it on the van first. its in another post somewhere.

Back