Touch lights issue

monkeytrumpet

VIP Member
T6 Pro
Evening all, I'm having a wierd problem with my lighting. I've bought some fairly generic touch control led lights which work fine until they are installed!!! as soon as they are mounted into the van they stop working. Has anyone had issues like this? its almost like the metal frame its mounted into is blocking the sensor. I've isolated any contact with metal with carpet and fibre tape, but still as soon as its mounted, the touch function stops working! its really wierd!

What are you connecting the new lights to..

Van wiring, or direct to a battery?

Got a few pics...

Ok.

Then you need to get a multimeter and check for the 12v at the light position, and make sure polarity is correct

I checked that, and it's correct. I did wonder if the manufacturer has the colours wrong on the leads, so swapped them and it didn't come on at all. As it is, the touch control works as long as its dangling on the wires. As soon as I push it up into the metal body of the van it stops working.

Evening all, I'm having a wierd problem with my lighting. I've bought some fairly generic touch control led lights which work fine until they are installed!!! as soon as they are mounted into the van they stop working. Has anyone had issues like this? its almost like the metal frame its mounted into is blocking the sensor. I've isolated any contact with metal with carpet and fibre tape, but still as soon as its mounted, the touch function stops working! its really wierd!
Hi, did you ever resolve this issue as I’m having the same problem. 2 lights are working fine but the other 2 seem to lose the ability to work once pushed into the hole in the body of the van!? It’s driving me mad!!

Are they fitted against the metal face of sound deadening? Saw a post somewhere and that caused an issue. The guy trimmed it away where the light was touching when pushed into the ceiling panel.

no, i still have 2 lights which are dodgy if they are pushed all the way in, so they are out by about 3mm, and one which is still a hole. I'm planning on 3d printing a holder for them and opening the holes out wider. I'll let you know how I get on. Reminded me to sort this problem! Thanks! I've been rewiring the van for the last few days.

I don’t think mine is touching any sound deadening but I’ll check tomorrow. Think it’s just the van body that’s the problem, the company where the lights are from sent me an email saying the back of the light is also touch sensitive and will affect its operation if it touches the body but I’ve tried loads of things to make sure it’s not touching. Not sure what to do next tbh, just wish they were recessed into wood instead.

Back