Touch Activation Led Lights

minicharli

VIP Member
T6 Guru
I have a panel van to kombi conversion with 4 led down lights in the back that come on with the courtesy lights over the cab area. Would swapping these for the touch activated lights from the forum shop give me individual control and let me switch 1,2,3 or 4 lights on when I wanted ? Even with the doors opened or closed ? Thanks

No, touch lights usually have one master light that you touch to switch all the others. Also, if they are connected to the courtesy light in the cab they will only operate when the cab light is on.

Mine are individual touch, with the touch point being all around the metal bezel of the light, so I can have any one or selection on at any time. Well worth it when you want to lie back and read, or need a light but not shining on your screen.
I think they are wired as normal to your lighting circuit (not the van door circuit) from your power distributor...
I'm sure some clever sparky will chime in any minute. :)

Thanks peeps. So if I pick up a 12v feed ( no idea where from, I have zero skills ) one of these lights can activate a number of others ? How would I get them to continue to be picked up when a door opens aswell ?

Thanks peeps. So if I pick up a 12v feed ( no idea where from, I have zero skills ) one of these lights can activate a number of others ? How would I get them to continue to be picked up when a door opens aswell ?

The lights I posted don’t activate each other, they all operate completely independently.

Back