Tool Racks

Adam Lucas

Carpenter
T6 Pro
Hi All
I've after a tool rack to go behind the rear double seats on the drivers side of my kombie, not sure yet if im going to make one out ply or buy a aluminium one. I prefer the finish on the aluminium but cant seem to find exactly what i want.
So whatever i end up with , how do i fix it in?
Cheers

Hi All
I've after a tool rack to go behind the rear double seats on the drivers side of my kombie, not sure yet if im going to make one out ply or buy a aluminium one. I prefer the finish on the aluminium but cant seem to find exactly what i want.
So whatever i end up with , how do i fix it in?
Cheers
Rivet nuts?.

Just had a quick google and that is perfect! Is there a common size one/type that people use in there vans?
Also where can i drill into , was thinking the exposed metal area above the rear panel?

I tend to use 9mm drill bit and nuts that except M8 bolt threads.
Anywhere, where panel clips go.. or if you can use the same holes. Take hardboard off, insert rivet nuts amd then place hardboard back over before fixing your rack.

Hi All
I've after a tool rack to go behind the rear double seats on the drivers side of my kombie, not sure yet if im going to make one out ply or buy a aluminium one

I bought an Aluminium set designed for the T6. Lots of different racking configurations and brackets available. You order what you want from a configurator, so you can build the racks that suit your requirements. They obviously come with ready made fixings that require no drilling.

This was my post on mine: Storage/racking For Lifestyle Vans

Be careful about what you order .... these systems have quite different shelf depths ...

I have a few Dewalt boxes so the bott system was a no go

I went for Sortimo - expensive but worth every penny

That said, don’t deal with sortimo uk, a terrible company to deal with.... find one of their dealers ....

Thanks Murdoch, i need around 380mm depth for the tool boxes , i just want two sides with a top tray shelf a middle shelf and open at the bottom.

Thats the sort of thing i want, would you mind telling me how much it would be for one of the units?
Also do you know the dimensions ?

Thats the sort of thing i want, would you mind telling me how much it would be for one of the units?
Also do you know the dimensions ?

If it makes any difference Adam, Bott are designed and manufactured in the UK. So, you'd be supporting a British company and Sortimo are German I think.

Bott have 3 different ranges and are slightly cheaper but there's not much in it. The Modulo, Uno and Vario. They have untis as deep as the Sortimo.

Overview is all on link below (I'm nothing to do with Bott, just think we should support British where possible) :thumbsup:

Van Racking

Bott told me they didn’t have shelves as deep as sortimo ...

Was that Bott Smartvan ? .... or Bott Vehicle Conversions ?? (as per my link above) ... the Vario range looks enormous dimensions

Last edited:
Thanks for the link shred, i am struggling with that site , i don't really want to go a 3d tour of the racking. Is there somewhere i can just see a clear picture of each module with a price next to it?
I know, im hard work ;)

Be careful about what you order .... these systems have quite different shelf depths ...

I have a few Dewalt boxes so the bott system was a no go

I went for Sortimo - expensive but worth every penny

That said, don’t deal with sortimo uk, a terrible company to deal with.... find one of their dealers ....
I’ve fitted 2 vans out with Sortimo racking, both bought direct from Sortimo uk. I dealt with a guy called Stuart Blackburn on both occasions & can’t fault the service or prices. He actually called to my house with his demo T5 & we went through all the options. He produced a design/spec & price on-site.

Thanks for the link shred, i am struggling with that site , i don't really want to go a 3d tour of the racking. Is there somewhere i can just see a clear picture of each module with a price next to it?
I know, im hard work ;)

:D no worries ... I needed something quite specific for mountain biking and also preferred to go through it in person in detail like you do. I actually made an appointment to go to their head office showroom and go through it with one of the design team :

Bott Vehicle Conversions, 9, Tournament Way,, Ivanhoe Industrial Estate,, Ashby-de-la-Zouch LE65 2UU

I then had the units delivered to @BognorMotors down Chichester way, who did a spectacularly perfect installation job, given my van had already been suede lined in the back before I discovered this racking system

Back