Too Stagger or not to Stagger, that is the question!!!

Been doing a lot of research on this forum and I have to say what a brilliant forum of helpful like minded people. Which brings me onto my first question, to stagger or not to stagger, is there something in it, or a personnel preference of looks and desire?!

Basically I'm looking at buying these wheels,

And there are two setups either 4 x 19'' at 8.5J
or
2 x 19'' at 8.5J and 2 x 19'' at 9.5J

Tyres will be a 40 profile, and suspension 50mm eibach raceline.

So I was hoping someone could provide some insight into the staggered situation, and what it means to the vans handling or is it just looks?

Thanks

Images arent showing, it looks like you have tried to hotlink an image from elsewhere ?
Do you want to try posting again, you can post a picture directly into your post using the upload a file button at the bottom of the text window

I am no expert but i think staggered is more looks than benefit or maybe big back tyres on a rear wheel high powered car for traction :unsure:. I am looking at going 275/40/19 on 9.5x19 all round, fully lowered on my B14s. This seems the best size to achieve what i am looking for.

Well I've only got the 102bhp on the five speed box so I don't think I've got the excuse of traction!!
Looks it is then!!

Trouble is I've come across another problem, the wheels I was looking at Cades Tyrus 19'' they have a Pcd of 5 X 120 and et38,
Some dealers are saying they are ok, and some saying they aren't load rated??

Nightmare!! Because I can't find anywhere that's gives me the definitive answer!!

One dealer even said 19's are a complete no go, and unless you've got serious pennies for both wheels and tyres your never going to achieve a safe wheel!!

These are the alloys hopefully the image will work this time....

image.png

I've got a t30 lwb, at the mo it's completely empty, but hopefully by the end of July it should be filled with the cascade solace conversion!
So it'll purely be used as a camper.

You need wheel rated at 805kg or more then, wheels supplier should no and it should be stamped on the inner rim most of the time.

You would think that, but sometimes they haven't even got them in stock to check!

So can I assume the tyre ratings should be the same?
If I Want to put 245/40 r19 on, they come in at 750kg per Corner totalling 3 tonne, however that falls short of 55kg per corner?

Honestly what a mine field!!

I think I'm just blinded by beauty, because I just so badly want these wheels!!!!!!

Good research is the best way forward then no mistakes hopefully ;)........101 or more load rate on ya tyres for T30

I was looking for something in this sort of style but for the T32.

Closest i could find was the wolfrace classic

Very similar but more pennies !!!!!!!!!!! a lot more. Load rating 1980 USA so I think that is Ibs equates to about 900 Kgs

1.jpg
TSW
19" Tremblant

Last edited:
Yeah they are a tad on the expensive side!

Calibre also do a polished rim but they aren't load rated for the t30 either.

I don't suppose anyone can think of 19'' wheel, black with a polished rim. But don't want the screws on show.

Thanks

Does a t28 need load rated wheels and tyres too?
@ausyray all vans need wheels that are load rated. This is at least half the highest permitted axle loading as detailed on the manufacturer's plate under the bonnet. This ensures that all wheels can be fitted anywhere and still take the maximum permitted loading. Sorry if that sounds like teaching granny etc etc. However the load rating for a T28 is less than a T32 (800kg versus 860kg) and suitable wheels should be easier to source. Tyres need both load and speed rating.

@ausyray all vans need wheels that are load rated. This is at least half the highest permitted axle loading as detailed on the manufacturer's plate under the bonnet. This ensures that all wheels can be fitted anywhere and still take the maximum permitted loading. Sorry if that sounds like teaching granny etc etc. However the load rating for a T28 is less than a T32 (800kg versus 860kg) and suitable wheels should be easier to source. Tyres need both load and speed rating.
No not at all. The advice is mich appreciated. I think I assumed that all alloys would do the trick.

I've always Liked the look of the bbs 3piece rims. Now I know what I'm looking for, I'll have to check my axle weights.

Back