Wanted Thule Omnistor Privacy Room

Mike23864

NHS
T6 Guru
Anyone selling one or point me in the direction of an alternative please. £650 is wallet wrenching to buy new.
Cheers

delete this you want it for your wind out just saw @Mike23864 or add a rail to your cover lol

have a look @ Outdoor Revolution Cayman Cona Pole Drive Away Awning (180-210) | Leisure Outlet £ 315 plus a drive away kit not included go for a single 3meter length figure of 8 and cut it to size as 3 piece leaks

they are nicely made quick easy to put up i also have the canopy with velcro sides and front panels

and very pleased with mine but cheaper than the air awnings But the air version is in your Price range as good made as Vango i think.

Last edited:
delete this you want it for your wind out just saw @Mike23864

have a look @ Outdoor Revolution Cayman Cona Pole Drive Away Awning (180-210) | Leisure Outlet £ 315 plus a drive away kit not included go for a single 3meter length figure of 8 and cut it to size as 3 piece leaks

they are nicely made quick easy to put up i also have the canopy with velcro sides and front panels

and very pleased with mine but cheaper than the air awnings But the air version is in your Price range as good made as Vango i think.
Thanks for that. I’ve got an inflatable drive-away which is great for longer stays (but it’s big and heavy especially if it’s wet). Haven’t really used my wind-out and putting sides on would make it more versatile.
What I really want is some kind of awning nirvana that I’ve discovered doesn’t exist in real life

Thanks for that. I’ve got an inflatable drive-away which is great for longer stays (but it’s big and heavy especially if it’s wet). Haven’t really used my wind-out and putting sides on would make it more versatile.
What I really want is some kind of awning nirvana that I’ve discovered doesn’t exist in real life
hmmm drying the kit out is always a problem is why i went light weight canopy and velcro sides 10 mins to set up and will hang up better in the garage to dry even your wind out will need drying off .

Have a look here :Dometic PW1000, Thule and Omnistor Awning Kit / Camping Room | Comforts
I came across them when I was looking for something else, so I can’t comment on how they compare or if they are any good.

This a handy bit of kit to have if you have the rollout. The panels are medium weight nylon so in a small pack that a lot of the California folks manage to fit in with the Chairs in the rear door. It's really quick to get assembled and take down, all zip and velcro. Equally if its wet small enough to just chuck in the back and dry out later. Comes with pegs and loops so you can pin it down and stop the flapping.

The only downside for me is that it's smaller that you expect as the side walls hang from the awning hinges not the end of the awning, i.e. the privacy room isn't as big as the wind out.

As I have the wind out on the drivers side (Cali roof fitted) and you end up with a gap, between the side panel and the van just by the drivers door, but I've bought some nylon and wide velcro from Amazon and when I get the motivation I'm going to make a small filler strip that velcros round the B-pillar and attaches to the velcro on the awning side panel.

But for a one or two night stop, its ideal :thumbsup:

Thanks for taking the time to describe the pros and cons. With my drive away awning I also don’t know what to do about the awning/van interface as I don’t want it rubbing the paint

The wide Kador strip holds everything away from the paint even the awning ( Gggrrr ) then i have guy ropes going over the van roof to the drivers side lifting the canopy up off the sliding door then these rub on the paint. even a sunken roof bar C channel will have material or Kador strip against the roof edge paint .
looks like your gonna have to pay the £650 ( ouch ) for a hanging tent or fit a C channel on your wind out cover

its hard keeping a camper van looking nice and taking it out on adventures. its gonna get a few scratches and scar's worse still if your in a luxury custom van but would you drive a Bentley onto a muddy field

Back