Thinking Of Lowering...

Coilovers or springs

• Total voters
Im thinking of getting my van lowered. I dont want it slammed (although it looks good) I would just like it to sit nicely above the wheels.
What is the best way to go for this, Coilovers or springs?
Il have a read through the rest of the threads also.

Cheers

20180912_192400.jpg

This is a question that comes up constantly, and it's an easy one for me, because I've gone both routes.

If you want it nice and low, then coilovers. If you just want a slight drop, then springs.
But... Be warned. If you think a spring will drop it low enough to loose the arch gap altogether, it won't. You will be disappointed and annoyed that you've wasted potentially around £400 towards something like Bilstein B14's.
Peoples interpretation of 'Slammed' can differ. for me, mine is very low, but i'd only really class Air on lowest setting as 'Slammed' but that stance is not a driving position.
If I was starting again, i'd bypass springs, and just fit B14's if your budget allows (Around £1250) You have the luxury of being able to adjust it to your desired height, and the bonus of a much better drive.
If not, and you only want to spend a few hundred pounds, it's springs. Simple.

I have lowered my van 50 Mam on H&R springs. The problem I have is that it is sitting a lie lower in the back than the front. I do have a rib seats fitted and also detachable tow bar I do need to sort it out as when I am loaded with bike awning BBQ and holiday things and a child it is just to low. It’s a t30 I assume the only way to solve this problem and even it out will be B14 or B16?. What is the difference between them and are there different weight ie T28, 30,32? Any advice would be good as I hate the look I have

I have lowered my van 50 Mam on H&R springs. The problem I have is that it is sitting a lie lower in the back than the front. I do have a rib seats fitted and also detachable tow bar I do need to sort it out as when I am loaded with bike awning BBQ and holiday things and a child it is just to low. It’s a t30 I assume the only way to solve this problem and even it out will be B14 or B16?. What is the difference between them and are there different weight ie T28, 30,32? Any advice would be good as I hate the look I have

FE1EC082-B957-4562-8262-93ED8AC85FAF.jpeg

6984A12C-3B99-4218-AEB8-08B79E909CE8.jpeg

Don't know about B16's but we have B14's on our camper that we had done to level it up as the rear was sitting low and the handling was rubbish. We had the rear set on its highest setting whilst loaded and the fronts were then lowered until it sat level, the difference is night and day (we also had the ARBs replaced for the H&R ones) for both appearance and handling. There are B14's for the T30/T28 and slightly different ones for the T32 but easy enough to find on the web. Comparison pictures at the bottom of page 20 of the link below
Team Blackberry

Don't know about B16's but we have B14's on our camper that we had done to level it up as the rear was sitting low and the handling was rubbish. We had the rear set on its highest setting whilst loaded and the fronts were then lowered until it sat level, the difference is night and day (we also had the ARBs replaced for the H&R ones) for both appearance and handling. There are B14's for the T30/T28 and slightly different ones for the T32 but easy enough to find on the web. Comparison pictures at the bottom of page 20 of the link below
Team Blackberry
That looks good. I had a look and think the
Team Blackberry
that looks nice how much did it all cost you to do if you don’t mind me asking. I see You have the pop top roof so I assume it’s a camper with seat and furniture in it when you took the picture. Thanks

That looks good. I had a look and think the
that looks nice how much did it all cost you to do if you don’t mind me asking. I see You have the pop top roof so I assume it’s a camper with seat and furniture in it when you took the picture. Thanks
Thank you. It is a camper and was fully loaded in the picture, when it is empty and our RIB is fully forward it sits about 10mm higher on the rear than the front. The beauty of the B14's is both ends are adjustable so it can be set how you want, it could have gone much lower but we wanted to retain some ground clearance to protect the heater exhaust and allow for rough campsites. They are available from about £1100 fitted and the H&R rollbars from about £400 fitted from companies like Vanstyle but it will need a full wheel alignment afterwards which isn't included. Ours were supplied and fitted by @BognorMotors as their reputation is extremely good, wheel alignment is included and we happened to be down in Bognor Regis for a few days in the summer. I'm sure there will be suppliers with a good reputation more north to suit you so worth searching around a bit on here.

Thank you. It is a camper and was fully loaded in the picture, when it is empty and our RIB is fully forward it sits about 10mm higher on the rear than the front. The beauty of the B14's is both ends are adjustable so it can be set how you want, it could have gone much lower but we wanted to retain some ground clearance to protect the heater exhaust and allow for rough campsites. They are available from about £1100 fitted and the H&R rollbars from about £400 fitted from companies like Vanstyle but it will need a full wheel alignment afterwards which isn't included. Ours were supplied and fitted by @BognorMotors as their reputation is extremely good, wheel alignment is included and we happened to be down in Bognor Regis for a few days in the summer. I'm sure there will be suppliers with a good reputation more north to suit you so worth searching around a bit on here.
That is exactly what I am looking for. I don’t want it to go to low for the same reason as you also my wife uses it day to day. Dose the ride still feel ok ie not to hard. Our rib deer is fixed apart from the 2/4 inches on the frame so I think that is a big reason why I am sitting so low on the back.

The ride is a little firmer but in a good way as it is more controlled and less wallowy. My wife, who is not a keen driver and usually doesn't care, much prefers it to before and said today while we were out she realises how bad it was before to drive and how much better it looks. I consider that high praise indeed as she usually just humours me!!

The ride is a little firmer but in a good way as it is more controlled and less wallowy. My wife, who is not a keen driver and usually doesn't care, much prefers it to before and said today while we were out she realises how bad it was before to drive and how much better it looks. I consider that high praise indeed as she usually just humours me!!
My wife is just sick of me spending money on it. Still need sat nav and also fancy t32 disks and claspers. Last question I assume the van will have arb on at the minute? If it’s lowered is it worth fitting H&R ARB?.

Yes, as has been said B14’s will cure your issues,and you can level it out as well. Best money you will spend on your van

My wife is just sick of me spending money on it. Still need sat nav and also fancy t32 disks and claspers. Last question I assume the van will have arb on at the minute? If it’s lowered is it worth fitting H&R ARB?.
Yes it has ARBs on it, the H&R ones are just stiffer so help with body roll. I guess it depends how you drive it but they are by no means essential and from reading what others have said the B14's will go a long way to sorting excess body anyway.

Yes it has ARBs on it, the H&R ones are just stiffer so help with body roll. I guess it depends how you drive it but they are by no means essential and from reading what others have said the B14's will go a long way to sorting excess body anyway.
Thank you for all your help I think this is what I need. I think it’s top of my list as I hate the way it looks.

Back