thinking ahead

andrewj1966

VIP Member
Hi sorry for the direct approach - struggling to find any info that directly relates to my problem.

I've ordered vcds, should arrive tommorow.

i have 2 t6.1's both 21 plate dsg's . ones a 204 4motion the others a 150 ( its the 150 with issues)

i have airbag and lighting range controllers to code , my old ones got drowned. i have " new to me" replacements.
can i just look in my second vans codes and just use those values?

both vans are panel vans and both have led lights.

i also need to delete the aux heater controller, this got drowned too. is that a simple thing to do?

Thanks

Is one of these the same van you mention in your other thread?

Yes its the same one.

Just trying to get some help with this, didn't get any replies so posted in a different place

Thanks

had to replace airbag controller ( between seats under gear column), light controller and trailer interface / controller ( under drivers seat).

I have no info from the modules that were faulty (they died when the van had a little swim).

what information do i need, to have to tell the replacement (secondhand) modules what there new job is, or is it an addressing thing to tell them who to talk too?

@mmi @Pauly @Robert - amongst others - are the first who spring to mind when it comes to coding. I’ve tagged them here so they can see and advise (but being moderators are busy boys).

From my slim knowledge of coding, in the absence of an auto scan from your van with the damaged components, I think provided the modules are the same revision etc on both vans then coding them the same shouldn’t be a problem. Wait for someone else to confirm first.

Some more info would be nice, what replacements have you got, are they new or second hand and if secondhand what vehicle have they come from ?

Doing anything with an airbag controller is risky, its highly likely that copying the coding over (if it needs it) may well make it work and show error free but do you know what dataset is loaded onto the module ? (that would be down to what vehicle it has come from if it wasnt a T6.1)
Same applies to the range controller just with less risk

Personally if it was me i would be looking for someone with ODIS to SVM the vehicle which means the software will connect to the van and also the VW mothership back in germany and it will reset everything to factory coding etc assuming the correct modules are installed (assuming correct firmwares/datasets etc)

HI
got the vcds today, managed to delete the controller for the aux heater so the van is ignoring that now.

Airbag controller

the replacement controller is from a t6.1 transporter and all the numbering and legends on it are identical to the original.

the fault shown is below, it remains there after a fault reset.
IMG_0774.jpg
IMG_0775.jpg

IMG_0776.jpg
the current coding hex number is the same as my other van

IMG_0777.jpg

Lighting controller

the replacement unit is identical to the original except what i believe is a serial number and build date
IMG_0779.jpg

its is marked up as coming out of a 2019 seat ibiza

it communicates on the bus, but when i try to change its coding to the same as my other van it comes up with
IMG_0778.jpg

the code hex number im trying to enter is 0C8E020009200003, which is the code on my other van

i know theres a lot of info here, hopefully cover what you guys may need to point me in the right direction.

also, i think i killed the lighting controller out of my other van trying it on this one :-(

IMG_0776.jpg

IMG_0777.jpg

IMG_0772.jpg

Attachments

• Log-FT21JHE-WV1ZZZ7HZMH090065 lighting controller faults.txt
    1.7 KB · Views: 5
  • initial Scan-WV1ZZZ7HZMH090065-20240116-1331-100114km-62207mi.txt
    32.1 KB · Views: 3
  • Scan-WV1ZZZ7HZMH090065-20230524-1524-100114km-62207mi.txt
    24.4 KB · Views: 2
I wasn’t aware airbag controllers were part of the component protection system (which means it’s hard coded to the vehicle it left the factory in) ODIS is the only tool that can officially do anything with CP on modules unless someone’s found a jailbreak/workaround for it but that’s highly unlikely on a module as little used as an airbag controller

Another member had a 2nd hand range controller they had bought and were getting the same errors as you, they sent it to me and we attacked it in a vehicle and on a bench with VCDS and VCP trying to flash it and nothing worked, we couldn’t get any files onto it or make any significant changes, it ended up in the bin

If I’m honest I think you are going to struggle to diy it using vcds unless you buy new modules and even then you will need to take it somewhere to get everything working properly, a new range controller can be sorted with vcds but not the airbag system

Have a look around and see if you have any decent retrofitters in your area and have a chat with them, they might be willing to have a bash at the modules you already have but I suspect you are going to have to dig in your pockets to get this one resolved

Ok thanks guys.

i'll ring the insurance tomorrow, i cancelled the claim when they wanted to write it off to try and sort it myself.

to many unknowns keep coming up, i'll let them sort it out and pay the increased premium at renewal.

Back