The Outer Hebrides Trip A Must

We done the outer Hebrides in May fantastic weather, the beaches are amazing, but the lack of trees, bushes, and flowers didn't do it for my wife.

You can certainly see how bleak it could get in the winter.

We also managed to get to the isle of sky which had lots of trees ect, the misses was much more happy.

But I loved it all ,we are in Essex and did 2200 mile round trip in 2 weeks, we will definitely be back to western scotland

The worry for me with these kind of trips (@Ed Webb trip too) would be the lower stance of the van and the unknown road conditions,hump bridges etc.

Would love to drive some of these routes tho.. maybe alittle T6F road trip...:thumbsup:

Almost all of the roads are single carriageway with passing places ,lots of pot holes and bumpy and boy do the locals like to go fast .

Did you have a guide book or anything for this trip? Looks awesome. I've been playing with ideas for next year's trip. This looks good and something I may look into further.

My sister has just come back from a trip to the Isle of Skye. Similar thing there, massive pot holes, single track roads, big gradients. They broke their hire car and it had to be towed away. And they got a lift back to the ferry on the recovery wagon.

Skye, Lewis and Harris are all amazing, especially the west coast around seilebost etc. Nice pics!

Did you have a guide book or anything for this trip? Looks awesome. I've been playing with ideas for next year's trip. This looks good and something I may look into further.
No we just went for it. Think we when up every road lol Not many of any thing,, just great views

Back