The kids made me come here

MyOtherCarIsA

2016 T6 Caravelle Exec 204 DSG
T6 Pro
Hi all,

I haven't got a van yet. Currently have 2 and 4 year olds, and twins on the way. Much as I have loved our Golf (as much as you can love a 2010 diesel estate), we need a van, and the T6 is currently the one I'm leaning towards. Looking at non-BiTDi DSG Executive T6 Caravelles and Transporter shuttles. Not convinced that ULEZ compliance is worth the price premium, also not convinced about the seating options in the Caravelle.

Would be interested to hear from anyone else who's used them with two kids and two babies.

Cheers,
Steve

I can't comment on what would meet your needs from a children perspective, nor whether a vasectomy is appropriate :)) - forum humour), but I would have thought you need to get the most modern engine from a ULEZ perspective, given your location ?

Pete

A T6 is probs my the most kid-friendly mode of transport(er) you could have! Congrats on the impending arrival

The Caravelle has to be the best proper MPV there is. The options that the seat rail gives you is unbeatable. It's also the most car like in terms of refinement.

Granted they do cost a fair bit, but seeing as there will be no more transporter based similar ones built, I'm sure (hope) they will hold their value better than anything else.

I agree with @Pete C about the ULEZ charge. If you live in London and use the vehicle regularly an older vehicle will quickly become very expensive .

We're just outside the ULEZ zone, drive into it a couple of times a month and just pay the £12.50. It's still cheaper than two train tickets.

Ended up with a 2016 T6 204bhp DSG Executive. Has a few nice options - leather, ACC, folding mirrors. Bit scruffy so in the process of tidying it up. Also has Van Slam coil overs fitted. Bit gutted as I assumed they were Bilsteins that the dealer hasn't noticed... well be binning them off for something less crashy.

Back