The cars gone!

Bow

T6 Pro
Afternoon everyone!

I’ve been after a VW for years and this week we have gone for it. Just bought a t6 102bhp 2017 in pure grey. Will add some pics when we pick it up. If anyone can help I’m after leads on pop top installers in the Derbyshire, Nottinghamshire area and what is the best type to install? also if anyone knows of any guides available for converting a campervan if you are going to attempt it yourself.

Welcome to the forum Bow, and you will find a wealth of information on here. And remember the pics when you pick up the Van!

Thanks Everyone,

Can’t wait to get started with the conversion once I’ve done all my research. First question is the 101bhp Startline worth chipping to get abit more power and torque? Any difference in the clutch and flywheels on the lower bhp models or are they all the same? Sorry if this seems a daft question.

The weak point on that model is the 5 speed gearbox. Go with a reputable tuner and you will be ok though.
Don’t rush though - we find our 102 bhp model is fine.

Pete

Get a VIP pass on here,best money i spent!Welcome from down the road in Leicester!

What’s everyone’s thoughts on lowering springs with standard shocks? I’m adding 20in alloys so what springs do you recommend which gives a more comfortable ride but drops the van by 40mm ish.

Didnt Revo pull the plug on the map for the 102 due ti turbo reliability?

Hell and welcome to the forum. Have a look at Autocraft in Staveley, I have used them a few years ago for items to make a camper.

Hi and welcome. I would recommend Dan at Davanco conversions in Ashbourne. Thoroughly nice guy and has great attention to detail.

What’s everyone’s thoughts on lowering springs with standard shocks? I’m adding 20in alloys so what springs do you recommend which gives a more comfortable ride but drops the van by 40mm ish.

Hi Bow, Have a chat with Steve at @CRS Performance regarding your suspension, if your in Derbyshire he's not mega far from you. He did a couple our vans a few months back, Koni/H&R setup with a 40mm drop. I guarantee it will be the best thing you do to your van for the money and to say Steve knows his onions would be a massive understatement.

Standard Shocks dont like limited travel in a lowered van and they dont like the additional weight of 20 inch wheels . It is a common thing to do but it is also where most complaints about ride and harsh suspension come from ,.

The vans are expensive , the 20 inch wheels are expensive surely its worth complimenting the whole thing with proper sport shocks and enjoy driving the van instead of cringing at every bump and pot hole ??

Standard Shocks dont like limited travel in a lowered van and they dont like the additional weight of 20 inch wheels . It is a common thing to do but it is also where most complaints about ride and harsh suspension come from ,.

The vans are expensive , the 20 inch wheels are expensive surely its worth complimenting the whole thing with proper sport shocks and enjoy driving the van instead of cringing at every bump and pot hole ??

Back