Team Devonports.

Mine was very crashy with the standard 215/60/17 continental tyres, much better now it's on 235/55/17 Goodyear vector 4seasons.

Thanks Vkerr, think you may be onto something there mate. I'm tempted to chuck some good years on and raise it 10mm all round perhaps. It's very harsh so need changing, bit gutted tbh.

@Pau1GTI Mine is set on the lowest, with full weight, and the rear isn't at all crashy.

There was a thread a week or so ago that had a similar issue, and his turned out to of had the springs installed upside down. It's an easy mistake to make, but just check underneath.
What you are looking for is the adjusters being on the top of the spring, and not the bottom. It's a long shot, but worth a quick check.

Thanks mate. That's good to hear that you'res is similar and rides well.

Which tyres are you running if you don't mind?

Good shout on the spring orientation, I checked this morning and the adjusters are at the top.

Cheers
Paul

Thanks mate. That's good to hear that you'res is similar and rides well.

Which tyres are you running if you don't mind?

Good shout on the spring orientation, I checked this morning and the adjusters are at the top.

Cheers
Paul

I was running Eagle F1, then Nexen SU1, now on full winters. All 255/45/19 and none caused any crashing.

I was running Eagle F1, then Nexen SU1, now on full winters. All 255/45/19 and none caused any crashing.

Thanks. So weird huh, especially since I'm running more tyre than your 19s. I'd of expected mine to be the smoother setup. Don't get me wrong it's smooth on good roads but any small hole or sharp edge it's just super harsh.....Like a real bang each time. Transporter HQ fitted them so I know that part is spot on.

Those rimpprotect covers, could you use them for winter without snow chains?

IMG_0773.jpg IMG_0777.jpg
Few adjustments today lads and it's improved a fair bit. Still waiting on spacers next week and a move to 235/55 tyres me thinks...

Paul

View attachment 33347
Not bothered with spacers and my B14s are wound all the way down. I am going to fit H&R anti roll though. I have run B14s for 12 months and they are ace. I come from the aircooled scene so I like the ruck away look of the wheels under the arches and my van sits perfect for me. Bognor motors did mine and I have had no uneven wear or anything. I am in the original Cargo Vecta all weather tyres and they are awesome.

Yes indeed! Hinckley camper wrx will be fitting that and my solar panels in the new year!

Excellent.
On a slightly different note. If you're happy to have Hinkley work on your van, then you cannot be far from Leicester. I noticed you had issues with a dealer working on your T6. Parkway VW have always looked after mine, and they are fantastic. They often go the extra mile for me, and have always done a walk round video on my T6, before any work is carried out. I'd highly recommend them if you ever struggle for service or warranty work.

I was running my B14s with a single adjuster ring removed and it was fine. Are you running 50psi in the Devonports and have you had it 4 wheel aligned since the 14s where installed. I found the Devonports noisy and firm anyways.

But answer to your question, if you raise it 10mm it will make a slight difference as the suspension is not as compressed

Back