Team Cherry Red

Thanks, it has ply lining and floor, but I plan to lift it and see what is underneath. The van has a few 'issues' and I want it to be sound first, before I get too deep.
I will attach a few more pics ref floor. If you lift the existing floor there wont be any sound deadening just screws through the ply into the steel floor. I saved all of my ply and used the thicker floor ply to carpet and panel sides and the thinner original side ply panels to cut up and make fillets that I glued onto the steel floor inbetween the raised ribs, then sound deadened. Hope these pics help feed your mental image.

FB_IMG_1692949528680.jpg

FB_IMG_1692949536246.jpg

FB_IMG_1692949544715.jpg

FB_IMG_1692949512668.jpg

FB_IMG_1692949520340.jpg

I have been looking for the name of.the company because I can't remember their name. I found them on E bay but went down to collect. I wanted a 1 piece floor becsuse it was my opinion that no mattrr how carefully you install a 2 or 3 piece floor panel, in time the joints will sink and give causing joint lines under your lino floor covering.

Just been out to move the van and the low coolant light is on. I have topped it up.
Van has a FSH, including a belt and waterpump.
Cross your fingers.

Hoping to get some of my stuff moved in to the van this weekend, I have downsized from a sprinter, so some stuff can be binned.
Van needs a good clean.
I will keep an eye on the coolant level.
I might do an oil and filter change.
If the touch up paint arrives then I can make a start on that.
So basically gelling with the van.

I have been looking for the name of.the company because I can't remember their name. I found them on E bay but went down to collect. I wanted a 1 piece floor becsuse it was my opinion that no mattrr how carefully you install a 2 or 3 piece floor panel, in time the joints will sink and give causing joint lines under your lino floor covering.
Was it Infinity Customs? They make a lot of the stuff for other brands.

there are a few places for single piece floors (only 1 in the south east as far as i found - Just been through that pain, fitting some windows next week and getting the poptop fitted). Loads in the south west or midlands though. Might be worth a quick look in the interior section.

20240203_134351.jpg20240120_160213.jpg

Last edited:
Mate it was 2022 and I've been to bed a few times since then lol. I'll search my PratNav later to see if the address is still logged in it, may give me a clue.
CT

A month in. It’s still a mess, life (work) gets in the way.
I have a long list of jobs to make it mine.
I am getting used to the van.
The power steering is different to what I am used to.
We will be going on surfing trip #1 in it soon.

Last edited:
Back