TDI badging - random

I have had all of mine removed, looks so much better and like already mentioned, easier to clean and wax.

So in the T5, TDI was 85PS, TDI was 102, TDI was 130, TDI was 174.
In the T5.1 TDI was 85 OR 102, TDI was 140, TDI was 180.
Now TDI is 85, TDI is 102, TDI is 150, TDI is 204.

How random!

Nice to have all the reds though - on our 180, the silver I made it feel like a higher power model was due. It never materialised.

Us T6 140 owners have only a red I same as the T5.1

Saw a T5 at busfest with an Audi performance lump in it but can't remember which one ?

So in the T5, TDI was 85PS, TDI was 102, TDI was 130, TDI was 174.
In the T5.1 TDI was 85 OR 102, TDI was 140, TDI was 180.
Now TDI is 85, TDI is 102, TDI is 150, TDI is 204.

How random!

Nice to have all the reds though - on our 180, the silver I made it feel like a higher power model was due. It never materialised.
I always thought that the T5.1 was going to have a more powerful engine at some time with the TDI - 180 colour coding of the TDI. At that time Merc had a sportX model with just north of 200hp and 6 cylinders I think; it seemed VW had left room to retaliate with a full fat, all red TDI, but they never did. :confused::confused::confused:

Last edited:
I always thought that the T5.1 was going to have a more powerful engine at some time with the TDI - 180 colour coding of the TDI. At that time Merc had a sportX model with just north of 200hp and 6 cylinders I think; it seemed VW had left room to retaliate with a full fat, all red TDI, but they never did. :confused::confused::confused:

My thoughts too.
I really do think a V6 TDI in a T6 would be great. Go on VW!

Just wonder if VW have about given up on Diesel R&D now, so the chances of a V6 TDI T6 are fading very quickly. So maybe have to wait for the Tesla powered T7, sub 6secs 0-60:D:D:D

I seem to remember theT5 California had 2.5 liter five pot in it, always thought the VR6 engine would fit nice under the bonnet

Back