Tape and Jointing question

Jimmi

Television Lighting Engineer
T6 Guru
Hello chaps, does anyone on here have any experience of taping and jointing? I’m happy to have a go at it but need to know what’s the best stuff to buy? Ready mixed or a bag of dust, also do I need different types for pre filling and finishing? All advice very welcome. Cheers

Not my trade but done plenty of it! It’s easy enough just take your time and don’t play about trying to get a perfect finish when wet it’s all in the sanding down after which gets very messy! I bought a big tub of the pre mixed stuff as it wasn’t loads I had to do in one hit! I was slowly doing up the house and it kept well in the tub so made sense for me to buy the premixed! And know you don’t need different types!

I’ve made some repairs to cracked ceilings by V cutting with a knife, 50mm taping and using this stuff No Nonsense Instant Plaster Filler White 310ml - Screwfix
It’s not cheap but it drys quickly, is very smooth and doesn’t crack. Not something for finishing a new room due to cost but good for quick reliable repairs. It doesn’t dry out in the tube if part used.

Gypsum joint filler with the tape first- then a topcoat of gypsum joint cement/quicksand is the proper way to tape/joint

Back