Tailgate wiper motor cover

tolbot boulton

I'm in the middle of converting the T6, but not sure what to do about the tailgate carpeting. I'm not putting a window in, so want to cover the whole door, however there is a big gap were the wiper motor should be, with no plastic cover.
I've searched and can only find T5 covers, will this fit?

Hi tolbot, did you get an answer to this?....I'm in the similar position, but do have a window in without the wiper....just need a cover.

Thanks

Matt

To my knowledge these aren't available separately, but @Pauly maybe able to clarify with his wealth of knowledge.

If this is correct another option would be vanshades rear window pod.

I imagine they would be available but I think it clips onto the wiper motor to hold it in place so if you don’t have a wiper motor could be fun getting it to stay there ?

I imagine they would be available but I think it clips onto the wiper motor to hold it in place so if you don’t have a wiper motor could be fun getting it to stay there ?
The reason that I thought that they were not available is that I have perviously asked Listers VW to look for one but to no avail. That being said we know how useless that they are with parts.

Thanks Pauly, we have tested one of these from a T5 onto the T6 Tailgate, however the clips appear to be in a slightly different place..

Assume from the above diagram the wiper motor cover just pulls off away from the tailgate? Looking to install my dash cam and want to hide as much of the wiring for the rear camera as possible.

Yes it does, the motor cover has a large open clip on the back that forces around the motor itself to help hold it in place, this is exactly how i did my rear camera, out by the plastic then stuck to the lower part of the glass

Pauly, could you add these to the store?.....or can you order and I pay you?.......also...I've just got hold of an interior tailgate switch to open the tailgate from inside, but I don't have the plug in connector...can you get these?....the switch has 3 terminals......

Thanks

Matt

I’m in office in the morning send me a pm and we can get it sorted

Back