Tailgate struts

andys

Ex member
VIP Member
T6 Legend
I've silentcoated my tailgate which made it a bit heavier but just about perfectly balanced, but this morning I've fixed mounts so that I can bunjee my grip strips and levelling ramps to it and that has tipped the balance and it now droops about 20º. The current struts say 900N on them, so what are my options? Do I have to go to full Cali strength ones or is there a spec inbetween? Will T5 struts fit, or are the T6 ones different? I've got no plans to put a bike rack on.

Check out the T6F shop, they are listed on there, I have had the same issue when added a few extra bits to my tailgate.

The shop description is not accurate as it was based on T5 struts the options for T6 are standard 900N then 985N (which I believe is what @Fish has) then Cali 1200N

Ok thanks, ordered them , along with a sliding door hinge cover that I didn't even know existed :thumbsup:

Just fitted the 985N ones and they are only just strong enough. If anyone is in the same boat I would advise maybe going up to the Cali strength as once these wear a bit in a couple of years they haven't got anything in reserve to stop the sag

Back