Tailgate spoiler

Weeman

T6 Pro
I have bought a genuine VW tailgate spoiler for my van. I want to get it colour coded before I fit it. How much should I expect to pay to get it painted?

I have bought a genuine VW tailgate spoiler for my van. I want to get it colour coded before I fit it. How much should I expect to pay to get it painted?
Not sure how much to get it done but my Silver one came already painted.

VW only supply them pre painted in sportline colours which are grey/black/white or primed ready for painting

How are people fitting spoilers? I dont fancy drilling holes in the new van and have read about using 3M tape to secure the spoiler, any advice much appreciated

@BennyBoy, whatever you do don't just rely on sikaflex, one converter did & it came off at speed, luckily nobody behind at the time.. You fit it, and your insurance won't cover you as its defective workmanship and not social & domestic.. There's a lot of wind pressure on that plastic, that's why its screwed and bonded!

I have used a PU adhesive on the T5 (Barn door) never came off after 5 years. On the T6 (tailgate), I used the dinitrol kit from Banwy, no screws, had it on for a year now.

Well this van I don't want to mess with, ( have you seen the weights its pushing out !!!! ):)

Problem is that all the good gear has changed formulation, like paint due to the greens and environment.. It does not stick or cover as well in my opinion..

I drilled mine in from brand new. Very easy.

Take it from me a quality pu adhesive will hold it fine if prepped and applied fine.

My whole abt kit is pu bonded on. A van went into the front left abt cheek on mine and the adhesive was so strong the van pushed back with the handbrake on and the actual cheek eventually crack to giveaway. The adhesive never moved and was a pita to remove.

Back