Tailgate not unlocking

Pablo

Hi guys,

Had a quick search but not found an answer to solve my problem. My tailgate has stopped unlocking and the only way to open it is to scramble over the bed to get to the rubber grommit, stick a finger in and release it. Is there a common cause /easy fix or is it a trip to the dealer? Hate to imagine how long I'll have to wait to get booked in now though!

Cheers

There’s a few potential faults here, dead wiring, dead switch, dead solenoid or broken linkage. Does the solenoid click, but not open? Could be a linkage problem.

Can you scan the van for faults? If not, if you can get in the tailgate, check the linkage, then test the switch, then the solenoid, then trace back the wiring.

good luck!

Thanks for the speedy reply. Its not making any engaging noise when trying to unlock. Will get it scanned and see what faults are showing. Cheers

Obviously, if your van is in warranty, I’d just put up with it until you can get them to do it. Provided the converters haven’t messed with it, then I’d think they’d cover it.

if it’s near the end of the warranty, I’d get it reported and booked in now, before the warranty ends.

My tailgate has stopped unlocking and the only way to open it is to scramble over the bed to get to the rubber grommit
Not sure if mine is same but when my van is locked (via remote) I can't open the tailgate from inside - the switch operates only when unlocked.

That's it sorted thanks. Vcds had logged a fault for low voltage going to it and its working now iv cleared the fault. Must have been due to the lack of use over the last couple of months.

Back