Tailgate conversion wiring

Raimond

Tailgater
hello i New here :) need some help here, i think it was straight forward to convert from 2 doors to tailgate but, there i was wrong, i need to prog the bcm module, and maybe i need to rewire some wires?

hello i New here :) need some help here, i think it was straight forward to convert from 2 doors to tailgate but, there i was wrong, i need to prog the bcm module, and maybe i need to rewire some wires?
Hi and welcome to the forum @Raimond if you do a search some members have done this modification

here you go and there's plenty more about
Tailgate

Yes, I've done it.
You need to run 2 wires from the tailgate to the BCM and then reprogram it.

Do you have the loom in the tailgate?

Do you have other items such as a wiper, heated screen...

yes i have oem loom in the New tailgate, With heated window and rear wiper do you have a digram how to wire this together :) it is only 12 wirings in tailgate and 17 wirings in car, have been Nice to know what wirings to pair together.. i know i need 2 take 2 wirings from front to rear 1 from 15 fusebox ignition switch and 1 directly to bcm.. but i have not a wiring diagram to look in... and when i prog this, do i need to change bcm module also or can i use my old one ? can i program this With vagcom?

Last edited:
Working fine now i code it my self...need only to change a wire place in bcm, doont need to take a wire from front to rear as many told me...i have a frend with a car that already have tail wing, that saved me :)

Last edited:
Back