Tables / Pods / Fridges / WTF

Phantom

T6 Pro
Hi All

After some much needed advice please and ideas! Ok so my van is not a daily runner and used for the odd weekend away camping this summer and used quite regularly for sailing events where I spend the odd night in it or two, generally at a sailing club without electric! I have a full width RIB bed which is great as never wanted cupboards / cooking facilities in the van. I do have a leisure battery for the heater and lights etc. Full electrics wires all in just not connected as did not see point!

However this Summer there were times when a table would have been nice when the bed was up and maybe a fridge although I do have a really good cool box (Olly from Bognor recommended, thank you).

I'm not sure I would use a small POD just seems alittle pointless taking up room! After speaking to my converter I'm even more confused :)

"You could have a table which attaches to a rail on the side of the van under the window, or a floor mounted one which will serve the passenger seat if it is swivelled.

We could make you a POD without the sink/hob etc but have a ‘slot’ for your cool box. Or have a POD without a ‘slot’ and just have it as a storage cupboard. It could be used as a table or we could add a table to the POD. OR….you have a POD with a standard fridge and storage cupboard. We make bespoke PODS to suit you"

What does everyone else have when just using the van for the odd night away and no cooking etc! Its just me and my bird and sometimes the dog :)

Advice very welcome as I'm thinking just a table when bed is up but any pictures would be great, thank you.

NickIMG_20170624_1119087.jpg IMG_20170624_1119194.jpg

California Beach here, so table and a Waeco fridge plugged in. Plus a JetBoil and Cadac Safari chef for cooking. Works perfectly for us.

I planned to build a pod until I realised how much space it would take up.

California Beach here, so table and a Waeco fridge plugged in. Plus a JetBoil and Cadac Safari chef for cooking. Works perfectly for us.

I planned to build a pod until I realised how much space it would take up.
Thank you Both for responses, I do have a Jetboil and will get a Cadac Safari as someone rocked up with one next to me while I was burning everything on a disposable barbecue! I like the drawer fridge but if the bed is left down I'm guessing a bugger to get too! Love the table and agreed I do think the POD takes up too much space as chuck quite a bit of sailing kit in and sails under the seat.

All options / pictures of tables on sliders, fold away etc welcome, thank you.

Nick

Similar to me @Phantom, I have the kombi bed rather than the rib. Thinking about propex tank so can run a cadac straight off the van. As the kids are always wet I don't want a table in the van, and opt for a folding one that they sit at outside.

Similar to me @Phantom, I have the kombi bed rather than the rib. Thinking about propex tank so can run a cadac straight off the van. As the kids are always wet I don't want a table in the van, and opt for a folding one that they sit at outside.
I get the always wet bit, I only just allow myself in the van to put the heater on FULL so when I come back I can have a little nap in the warm! We are coming into the cold season @DaveyB and I'm guessing they will be sailing all year? Last sailed at Highcliffe a few weeks ago and it was wet, cold and windy! Dreading the next few events coming up! There again not sure I ever felt the cold as a kid but god that's changed! Must cost you a fortune in "Rooster kit!" or if you are a posh Oppie parent "Zhik!" :)

I get the always wet bit, I only just allow myself in the van to put the heater on FULL so when I come back I can have a little nap in the warm! We are coming into the cold season @DaveyB and I'm guessing they will be sailing all year? Last sailed at Highcliffe a few weeks ago and it was wet, cold and windy! Dreading the next few events coming up! There again not sure I ever felt the cold as a kid but god that's changed! Must cost you a fortune in "Rooster kit!" or if you are a posh Oppie parent "Zhik!" :)
Not wrong there, switched to two toppers this year! Daughter was sailing at Draycote first weekend of Sept, Poole weekend before last, son and daughter were at Rutland weekend just gone, then Hollowell this coming weekend. Daughter trying to get into RYA zone squad again for this winter, so can't see the season coming to an end! Mrs has already stipulated that she wants a heater in the van. Can't decide if I want propex which I can then double up with tank for cooking, or a diesel heater.

Not wrong there, switched to two toppers this year! Daughter was sailing at Draycote first weekend of Sept, Poole weekend before last, son and daughter were at Rutland weekend just gone, then Hollowell this coming weekend. Daughter trying to get into RYA zone squad again for this winter, so can't see the season coming to an end! Mrs has already stipulated that she wants a heater in the van. Can't decide if I want propex which I can then double up with tank for cooking, or a diesel heater.
Wow you do get to see the sights! All places I know quite well apart from Hollowell! Great they have moved into Toppers and lucky they have some dedicated parents! I nearly did not put the diesel heater in as thought I would not need it, best thing I did it's brilliant! Good luck with the squad!

Ever sail at Axbridge? Thinking of rejoining now post divorce costs(!) as a windsurfing member.
Slidepods are fitting a caravelle table, and B pillar table for the passenger seat. Will make do with my Jetboil, and a Waeco cool box....again a pod may take up too much room, unless a can think up a design to lock into rails where I want it.

Ever sail at Axbridge? Thinking of rejoining now post divorce costs(!) as a windsurfing member.
Slidepods are fitting a caravelle table, and B pillar table for the passenger seat. Will make do with my Jetboil, and a Waeco cool box....again a pod may take up too much room, unless a can think up a design to lock into rails where I want it.
Nope, never been to Axbridge. Might have to look at the waeco cool box as my Halfords one keeps dropping water into the contents when you lift the lid.

Axbridge (BCYC(Cheddar) seemed to hold a lot of sailing competitions, as did my other local club Chew Valley Sailing Club, surprised if one or t'other not on circuits.

Chew has a lovely setting, although the water in Axbridge tastes better and is cleaner if you invert, or wipe out in my case!!!

Back