T6 Windscreen Blinds - California style

Great video.... Looking carefully at the windscreen blinds it looks like they might let a lot of light in at the top????. I thought they'd be flush fit to the top of the screen

They are SO much better than the old tent style arrangement.
Yep, there's a bit of a gap at the top but if you pull down the sun blinds, it's almost all covered up.
You have to be careful retracting them as they can crease but overall, a MASSIVE improvement.
Not so sure about the magnetic sticking side window blinds but they do the job well enough.

With pull down blinds all round, it's genuinely hard to tell if it's night or day when you wake up.

Regarding the magnetic side window blinds, if anyone want to order them from a dealer the part numbers are;

Set: 7E7 862 751 A
Left only: 7E7 862 749 A
Right only :7E7 862 750 A

The old memory metal ones were better.
But the new front blinds are MUCH better than the old tent pole effort.

and easy to stash in a door pocket..
The old ones stashed easily too. The new ones are okay but I preferred the old style.
Everything else is better. Slightly concerned about the easily scratched dash but we shall see...

I had the remifront blinds in my T5 and I'm very impatiently waiting for them to come out for the T6. They were absolutely brilliant (though expensive and a bugger to fit) and covered much more of the windscreen than the Cali ones. My Westfalia has come with some ridiculous piece of cloth that you stick tentpoles in which is a right faff. It's not even blackout material. Before i got the Remi blinds I had a silver screen cover, which was better than what I've got now, but took up far too much storage. I hope they bring out the Remis really soon, and I'd love it if they could make side ones too, like they do for the Fiat

Back