T6 Swb Resident Parking

Weeked

Van For Sale
VIP Member
T6 Pro
Just bought a 2018 T6 with the intention to convert it to a camper/carp fishing van.

When requesting my resident parking permit I was shocked to find out that I'm not allowed to park my VAN in the area. I have no possible area where I can park it because in Windsor due to being a touristic town all streets are resident parking only and same rule applies everywhere .

Any suggestions ? I already started work on the VAN and will be gutted to have to sell it.

Thanks for help.

so you have a panel van? is it t28,t30,t32?

looks like the permit excludes goods vehicles? . . . . . . so what happens if like some of us you use your "Panel Van" for work, business - that cant be right?

"Goods vehicles exceeding 1500 kg, business vans , lorries and buses are excluded from the scheme. Also you cannot park trailers or caravans whether they are linked or stand alone in a Resident Permit Area. All vehicles must be able to fit into the markings of the bays or area."

Apply for resident permits | The Royal Borough of Windsor and Maidenhead

is a T28 panel van. I spoke with them today and they asked me to apply again and hope to get a permit.

That’s gutting to find that out after you’ve bought it :(
I remember reading a couple of years ago about a new housing estate being built in the North East and the developers were putting a covenant in the deeds preventing the parking of any commercial vehicle on the drives, or on the road between 19:00 and 07:00 as they believed it would lower the desirability of the area. Some guy was on the local news saying he was going to challenge it in court but I never heard any more about it.

Our deeds state no caravans to be stored permanently on the drive but several people on the estate do and the council are not interested in doing anything about it.

Well, fingers crossed they give me the permit. The lady at the phone said it's up to whoever reads the form request. If not I'll have to let it go ...quite gutted . The windows are on, the insulation is on-waiting for carpeting, new alloys with new tires, new rear spoiler at bodyshop for painting now, just last week received £500 in accessories for the van. Arghhhhh

I presume they either know it’s a van, or they check on the DVLA database? If they already know it’s a van, is there anywhere to add any comments on the application? Could you confirm that it is a private vehicle for private use, with no sign writing etc?

Last edited:
Yes, I've done that when I sent the application . Mentioned is a private VAN not used for business .

A lot of shuttles are converted for disabled access - do you have an infirm relative that needs taking to appointments ? ;)

Theres lots of deeds, rent agreements or lease agreements that have this caveat.
An infirm relative wont cut it I'm afraid.
A blue badge in a shuttle or very possibly a blue badge in a converted commercial vehicle with a conversion certificate might.
You'll be surprised how many areas and developments have this.
It's very enforceable too.
Go and see a conveyancing solicitor if you think you have a fair reason, they will look into the condition to see if it's been reasonably imposed.

Is this going to be a daily drive? If not do you have caravan/motorhome storage nearby you could use? Going to cost but at least you'll still have the van.

First post here for me :)

Anyway, OP, I hope you get this sorted. Sure, a van may not be as pretty as a Ferrari but it's certainly no worse than so many ghastly monstrosities that pass for 'prestige' (lol) cars these days.

We live on a newish estate and there is stuff in the covenant about no sign-written vans as well as no satellite dishes on the fronts of houses.

There are a couple of sign written vans and nobody cars

Back