T6 Roll Out Awning.

Just a thing to be aware of, if you mount it at roof level as most do, so it doesnt increase the overall height of the van....
then you'll be needing some of this:

Img_20191229_203100_420.jpg

Volkswagen Audi Original Lackstift leuchtorange P2C / LP2C

When opening the passenger door with the awning out the top edge will scrape against the awning arm. Mine now has a tie that drops as the awning is unwound, this is threaded through the passenger door handle, round the B pillar and tied to the armrest, its a visible reminder and it physically prevents you opening the passenger door. This is a Fiamma F45S but I suspect they're all the same in this respect, its just geometry :(
Cheers
Phil

Last edited by a moderator:
Just a thing to be aware of, if you mount it at roof level, so it doesnt increase the overall height of the van, as most do....
then you'll be needing some of this:

View attachment 57156

Volkswagen Audi Original Lackstift leuchtorange P2C / LP2C

When opening the passenger door with the awning out the top edge will scrape against the awning arm. Mine now has a tie that drops as the awning is unwound, this is threaded through the passenger door handle, round the B pillar and tied to the armrest, its a visible reminder and it physically prevents you opening the passenger door. This is a Fiamma F45S but I suspect they're all the same in this respect, its just geometry :(
Cheers
Phil
Is the Fiamma F45S the best awning to get?

I've only ever had Fiammas (three) so I'm not sure if Thule Omnistors are any better.
Others will chip in soon I'm sure, if only to tell me my awning legs are set too short. Believe me, regardless of how careful you are, it will happen ;)
The tape-tie idea has been a complete cure for mine after two scrapes caused by 'visitors' :mad:

Last edited by a moderator:
Back